Total system power draw additional value?

Such a information would require a dedicated hardware which can measurement this power. AFAIK there are only few PSUs that can do this and some of them are also supported by HWiNFO (e.g. Corsair).

How do I know if my PSU is supported? a 760w platinum Seasonic.

But what I meant was - a total system watts added together from what it believes the GPU/CPU package/DRAM is using at the same time etc. As there is already all them as single values of course but not one adding them all up to display. The values are as close to accurate as you can get, as I have my own good quality energy monitors but would still be handy. Does that make sense?

If the PSU manufacturer has a tool that's able to display total power draw, then it should be possible. Though Seasonic PSUs are not supported and I'm not sure if they offer such features either.

Yes, that makes sense. I'll think about such value, but I think it might confuse some users since it will not be a true total power draw, since there is a lot of other devices which don't report power consumed and it also strongly depends on the configuration.

Martin said:
If the PSU manufacturer has a tool that's able to display total power draw, then it should be possible. Though Seasonic PSUs are not supported and I'm not sure if they offer such features either.

Yes, that makes sense. I'll think about such value, but I think it might confuse some users since it will not be a true total power draw, since there is a lot of other devices which don't report power consumed and it also strongly depends on the configuration.

Yeah, looks like PSU has nothing for it, seems you need a USB cable attached to read and display the info with Corsair Link and whatever else is about.
But a value to calculate the load of CPU/GPU/(DRAM not exactly important lol) would be a decent addition. But generally on the average PC, all peripherals attached like SSDs/HDD's/reader/writers, multiple fans, lcd/fan controllers, cpu heatsync/fan wont push more than 50w) and then around 25/40w for a single monitor.

Other than that, excellent monitor, clearly the best of it's kind.

Back