Uncore/Cache votlage

yomny

HEllo everyone, cant figure out which one of these could be my cache/uncore voltage.  Thank you

voltages.png

Are you sure your mainboard is capable of monitoring the Cache/Uncore voltage (not just report the value set) ?

Martin said:
Are you sure your mainboard is capable of monitoring the Cache/Uncore voltage (not just report the value set) ?

Appreciate your response.  I really dont have a clue if it could report it.  Anyway to know this?

I have a GA-X99 Ultra gaming, its a decent mobo i beleive.  Please advise.  I know for sure that it has adjustments for it in uefi bios.

Best would be to check in the BIOS, or using the GIGABYTE tool whether this value is reported as monitored.

Martin said:
Best would be to check in the BIOS, or using the GIGABYTE tool whether this value is reported as monitored.

I've been dealing with bIos plenty for overclocking and I know the voltage is there,it's called ring voltage. 
I just don't see that specific name in hwinfo and thought it could be renamed. 
What gigabyte tool are you referring to?

It's certainly there, but the question is if it's just showing actual setting (that can be changed), or as part of the monitoring section, where the value reported might slightly deviate from original setting, or be changing.
Not sure how the GIGABYTE tool for your model is called, might be the V-Tuner or something similar that allows to adjust settings and show actual values monitored.

Martin said:
It's certainly there, but the question is if it's just showing actual setting (that can be changed), or as part of the monitoring section, where the value reported might slightly deviate from original setting, or be changing.
Not sure how the GIGABYTE tool for your model is called, might be the V-Tuner or something similar that allows to adjust settings and show actual values monitored.

Got it, I'll look around and see if the value it's reported in bios. I know I could change it but
Don't really know what the defusult value is, i could only do an offset. I'll try one of the tolls as you mentioned. Thanks a lot.

yomny said:
Martin said:

Got it, I'll look around and see if the value it's reported in bios. I know I could change it but
Don't really know what the default value is, i could only do an offset. I'll try one of the tolls as you mentioned. Thanks a lot.

Back after some time.  It seems the mobo doesn't really monitor it but it reflects or shows what i've entered in bios.  Using HWmonitor it'll tell me under Ring/LLC the value i entered.  Anyway to know if its monitoring it?  Thanks.

HWiNFO reports the RING/LLC voltages set in BIOS in the main window (under CPU node) and since these values are not changing on the fly, I felt it doesn't make sense to constantly monitor them.
Only in case those values can be truly monitored by a particular mainboard, they should also be visible in HWiNFO sensors.

Martin said:
HWiNFO reports the RING/LLC voltages set in BIOS in the main window (under CPU node) and since these values are not changing on the fly, I felt it doesn't make sense to constantly monitor them.
Only in case those values can be truly monitored by a particular mainboard, they should also be visible in HWiNFO sensors.

Under node?  Sorry not really sure what that is.  Would this be under the sensors display or the summary section?  Thank you!

If you run HWiNFO in Sensor-only mode, then you don't get the main window (with a tree on left side), where further CPU information is located. You need to deactivate that mode.
Is there any reason to monitor those values ? Aren't they static across boot ?

Martin said:
If you run HWiNFO in Sensor-only mode, then you don't get the main window (with a tree on left side), where further CPU information is located. You need to deactivate that mode.
Is there any reason to monitor those values ? Aren't they static across boot ?

Got it, ran the summary section in under the cpu i get the value i entered in bios, 1.1v in my case.  What would the "Offset" value be, i have a 149mv?

Thank you.

That's the voltage offset applied to calculated Voltage/Frequency curve used by CPU to set target voltage for each ratio.

Back