"Unified GPU Usage Monitoring" equivalent

ApexSight

Hi,

Is there an equivalent to the "Unified GPU Usage Monitoring" option from MSI Afterburner in HWInfo ?
This option avoids the GPU Usage reading from jumping between 0% and 100% constantly.

Thanks,

That depends on type of workload (DX, computing) and GPU used. There should be various other usage counters available in sensors.

Thanks for the reply.
The GPU is a RX 580 and i'm monitoring my video games sessions. I don't see any other usage sensor for the GPU, at least, nothing in percentage.

Which Windows version do you have? Can you attach a screenshot of the GPU in sensors window?

It looks like there are several GPU usage counters missing. I will need the HWiNFO Debug File to analyze this.

Well, this is quite strange. For some unknown reason the GPU fails to return its performance counters.
Which version of Radeon drivers are you using? Can you try to upgrade to the latest version?

I'm using driver 18.9.2, it is the latest :)

EDIT: I did a clean install of my drivers, nothing changed, tried both drivers (stable and latest beta)

It looks like this is an issue of Windows 10 build 1809. Don't know yet exactly what/why happened, but will try to determine that.
It's also possible that a further Windows 10 build might fix this...

Martin said:
It looks like this is an issue of Windows 10 build 1809. Don't know yet exactly what/why happened, but will try to determine that.
It's also possible that a further Windows 10 build might fix this...

Hi Martin,
earlier you have solved no 3d, computing , video decode-encode usage for me and  likely the problems back again, I am on 19H1 build 18247 btw.

Yes, that was an issue in HWiNFO, but this seems to be some internal change in Windows. Not sure yet what exactly is that, because those functions are not quite public.

I'll reply if the problem is fixed.
Before HWiNFO, I was using MSI Afterburner which had the same problem, but it could be countered by checking the "Unified GPU Usage Monitoring Equivalent".
For the moment, I'm using an "average" GPU Usage with 200ms polling rate and the last 20 samples. It does the job.

Current situation is that most recent NVIDIA drivers (R4xx) should have fixed this problem, but AMD didn't yet.

Martin said:
Current situation is that most recent NVIDIA drivers (R4xx) should have fixed this problem, but AMD didn't yet.

Alright thank you for the info, I just received an email from AMD about the new drivers supporting the latest Windows update so I will report back once I have downloaded those!

Back