VRM Reading

waleh

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I ran HWinfo today and noticed that my VRMs were ranging in temperature from 101-111 degrees (temp 3-6) during Firestrike!! Is this normal? Or, is the program not getting any data on the sensors? I use a i5 6600k (Stock at time of test), Z170i Pro Gaming motherboard, 16 gb ddr4 2400, GTX 1070. Thanks!

Sorry, but to give some clue I need at least to see a screenshot of those values...

I attached some images for you. I'm not sure how the VRM could be that high. The results I've posted are after some heavy stress testing on the CPU overnight. I was testing my 4.3 GHz OC. I think the program might be falsely detecting sensors or something. Thanks!

Attachments

• Temps.png
    Temps.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Temps2.png
    Temps2.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 10
Why do you think that Temp 3-6 are VRM temperatures? Those are just generic values from the sensor, which I believe are not correct (most probably not connected inputs on your mainboard providing erratic values). So I suggest not to worry about those and just ignore them.

Martin said:
Why do you think that Temp 3-6 are VRM temperatures? Those are just generic values from the sensor, which I believe are not correct (most probably not connected inputs on your mainboard providing erratic values). So I suggest not to worry about those and just ignore them.

Ah okay, got it. Thanks!

Back