Where is memory voltage?

focusbob

Hi, Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm trying to find out actual memory voltage on an HP computer (that doesn't list voltages in BIOS). In the "Memory" header of HWiNFO64 v5.40-3030, Module Nominal Voltage is listed as "1.5 V, 1.35 V". I further looked in the sensors tab to see if I could get an actual reading, but can't find anything that appears to correspond. The memory is DDR3L, and I am just trying to make sure that the motherboard is running it at 1.35V. I am getting memtest86+ errors (3 errors, run over a weekend) and before returning the memory, I'm trying to determine whether it is being run properly (the timings appear correct). Thanks!

Only some mainboards are capable of monitoring memory voltage, which requires dedicated hardware support.
Since this voltage is not even listed in your BIOS monitoring section, then I think it doesn't support it.

Martin said:
Only some mainboards are capable of monitoring memory voltage, which requires dedicated hardware support.
Since this voltage is not even listed in your BIOS monitoring section, then I think it doesn't support it.

Thank you. Would you please explain what the listing means under Module Nominal Voltage? Does it mean that the ram supports both 1.35 and 1.5v?

Back