Which VR Loop is correct?

Ramone78

Hi, I have a 9900kf and a z390 Aorus Pro.

I see there are 2 entries for Vr Loop 1 and I am unsure as to which one is the correct temperature to go. I am also unsure the difference between Vr Loop and Vrm Mos because I thought Vrm and Mosfets were the same thing, however the VRM MOS sensor is always a chilly 32-40c, now I am a little confused. Leaning more towards the one above VrVout because it matches the VR VCC Temperature, if this is true it be a little upsetting because this temp hits 61-64c when gaming and I thought the VRMs on this board were supposed to be better than that.

Sorry if these questions are a little dumb. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    74.3 KB · Views: 38
The VRM MOS sensor is most probably placed close to VRMs, but not the hot spot. VR Loop temperatures are reported straight by the VRM, so that should be reporting the highest value as it's the internal VRM temperature.

The VRM MOS sensor is most probably placed close to VRMs, but not the hot spot. VR Loop temperatures are reported straight by the VRM, so that should be reporting the highest value as it's the internal VRM temperature.

gotcha. Which VR Loop should I focus on though? The one on above VR Vout fluctuates constantly while the other is a bit more controlled, doesn’t fluctuate much at all.
thank you

I can't say that for sure, as you have hidden most values in the sensors list.
Bring back the voltages listed under VRM sensor and match them with values reported by the ITE SIO chip (i.e. Vcore, VSA, DRAM, etc.). That way you can determine to which rail a particular VRM belongs to.

Is this correct? I can't seem to get the sections to show their sensor name. I keep changing the font size but they never show, I hope that doesn't inhibit anything.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    18.1 KB · Views: 32
How I did not figure that out upsets me. Thank you Zach. Hope these screenshots are better.

What I am guessing is the Vr Loop above the Vr Vout is correct since it matches the Vr Vcc Svid. I am unsure if I am correct though.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    53.1 KB · Views: 27
Back