Windows 10?

rmmccoy

I loved Hwinfo under Win7 but like everybody else I've had to go to Win10 (on a different machine). I can't get the gadget to run for love nor money! Am I missing something or will it just not work under Win10?

Windows 10 (actually all Windows since 8) doesn't support sidebar gadgets natively, they have been removed from the operating system.
You might however look for some 3rd party solutions.

Windows 10 (actually all Windows since 8) doesn't support sidebar gadgets natively, they have been removed from the operating system.
You might however look for some 3rd party solutions.
Shucks! I was just starting to feel like I was starting to know my way around HWinfo. I was still stumbling onto things that it would do that I hadn't realized. Well, does anyone know of a workaround to this or do I need to put that in a different post?
And thank you Martin for the info.

Shucks! I was just starting to feel like I was starting to know my way around HWinfo. I was still stumbling onto things that it would do that I hadn't realized. Well, does anyone know of a workaround to this or do I need to put that in a different post?
And thank you Martin for the info.
This should work for you. It restores sidebar gadget functionality that was removed in W8 forward.

Back