wrong gpu voltage?

ablev

Hello!
I have a VTX3D 7870 and a little issue with Hwinfo64 4.14.
Hwinfo64 shows the default voltage only...
HWINFO.png

...but that´s wrong, i´ve setting the voltage to 0.900 V.
MSI Afterburner shows the correct voltage .
AB.png

What can i do?
Sorry for my bad english.

ablev

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
That VDDC voltage comes from AMD driver. However on higher-end cards, this can usually be overriden by the GPU VR.
Do you have "GPU I2C Support" option enabled in HWiNFO and "GPU I2C via ADL" disabled ?
What sensor values are shown by GPU-Z ? Please post a screenshot.

Martin said:
Do you have "GPU I2C Support" option enabled in HWiNFO and "GPU I2C via ADL" disabled ?
What sensor values are shown by GPU-Z ? Please post a screenshot.
Thanks for your fast answer, Martin.
These are my Settings in HWiNFO.
HWINFO.png

GPU-Z shows the correct values.
gpuz.png

ablev

Thanks.
1. I see you disabled some I2C buses (3,4,5). Please clear all boxes in the "GPU I2C Bus Exclusion" List to see if maybe a new GPU sensor appears in HWiNFO.
2. If not, try to enable GPU I2C via ADL to check if maybe a new GPU sensor appears in HWiNFO.
3. If not, please run AIDA64, right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window > Video Debug > ATI SMBus Dump. Please attach this dump here.

Martin said:
I see you disabled some I2C buses (3,4,5).
I don´t disabled this buses, it comes from HWiNFO automaticly.
If i clear this 3 boxes and restart HWiNFO, my pc crashes with a black screen and restart itself.
After restart, the boxes 3,4,5 are disabled again.

ablev

Oh sure.. I forgot this - on that GPU accessing certain bus can cause such problems, so it's disabled automatically by HWiNFO.
Have you tried the other 2 points I suggested ? If you enable I2C via ADL, I suggest to clear those 3 boxes too (it shouldn't crash with that option).

Martin said:
If you enable I2C via ADL, I suggest to clear those 3 boxes too
I´ve make it, but if i restart HWiNFO all 3 buses are disabled again and there´s no new GPU sensor.

ablev

Here the aida64 dump.

Attachments

• SMSBus Dump.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks. That dump shows me there's an additional GPU VR sensor, which HWiNFO didn't see.
Please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_415_1881.zip
First with GPU I2C via ADL disabled. If that doesn't bring the new GPU sensor, then please try with that option enabled and exclusion boxes cleared.
If that doesn't still work, please attach the new Debug File.

Great :)
Please tell me which option works - the I2C via ADL disabled, or enabled ?

So if you disable "GPU I2C via ADL", then it doesn't show the new GPU VR sensor?

Martin said:
So if you disable "GPU I2C via ADL", then it doesn't show the new GPU VR sensor?
Yeah, that´s right.
If i disable "GPU I2C via ADL", then shows "GPU VDDC" with 1.219V like the snap in my first post.

ablev

Hum, ideally it should work with that option disabled too. Are you maybe running some other system monitoring tools in parallel ?
Can you please attach new Debug Files of both situations - with "GPU I2C via ADL" disabled and enabled.

Martin said:
Hum, ideally it should work with that option disabled too.
Sorry, that´s my fault.
I´ve read the wrong line.
If i disable "GPU I2C via ADL", HWiNFO disable bus 4 autom. and show the new GPU sensor also.
HWINFO.png

Works perfect.

Edit:
With HWINFO 4.14 i had these sensors only....

...and now, with the new version, i have many more sensors.

ablev

Back