11400F - Assistance with HWINFO Results.

dallersuk

Hi everyone,

I have two builds one is a Thermaltake open case with a dual radiator AIO, and the other smaller is enclosed with slightly less airflow and a single radiator AIO. I expect the smaller to perform worse but I am getting some strange results from the new processor I just bought and wanted to see if there is something I am missing. I was getting better temps on my 6700k running at 95w 4.4ghz.

Both have the exact same specification, build, OS and drivers as best as I can but they are different motherboards.

The open case has the VISION D Z590i and the smaller has the Asus Strix Z590I.

11400F

3200mhz DDR4

650watt Platinum PSU

I have tried to set the BIOS up the same to make the results even with multi-core enabled on both and all other settings at Auto.

The Strix Z590I struggles to get to 4.2ghz on all cores when pushed but the Vision D doesn't and uses far less power at a much lower voltage. Is this all down the temperature? Or, am I missing something.

Any help or advice appreciated. I have ruled out poor CPU contact, paste etc. VRM cooling is not an issue so I am now starting to think I have a badly binned CPU?

The only thing I haven't done yet is swap them over and retest.

HWINFO RESULTS. Asus on the right hand side.

Attachments

• HWINFO.png
    HWINFO.png
    341.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Something in the ASUS bios caused your CPU to consume more power. 99 watts on Gigabyte board vs 123 watts on ASUS board. 123 watts sounds like oc on a 65 watts tdp cpu.

Can you reset the asus board bios to default and turn off ASUS multi-core enhancer? I think there is another ASUS feature that modify Intel boost behavior as well.

Something in the ASUS bios caused your CPU to consume more power. 99 watts on Gigabyte board vs 123 watts on ASUS board. 123 watts sounds like oc on a 65 watts tdp cpu.

Can you reset the asus board bios to default and turn off ASUS multi-core enhancer? I think there is another ASUS feature that modify Intel boost behavior as well.
I have managed to get the temps under control by repositioning AIO. However, it's still pulling as much as it needs to hold 4.2 whereas my Vision D sits comfortably under 100 watt same load. Disabling multi-core just switches to Intels built in boost technology but it struggles to maintain boost for very long I think I need to leave Multi-Core turned on. Maybe just a hungry chip...

Back