+12v, +5v, 5vsb on Asus x299-E Gaming II

Denn

Hello,
As the title says, need to be able to monitor the +12v and +5v plus 5vSB, as for some reason this board:

Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming II

does not show these voltages - and im having all sorts of issues with my voltages getting real low due to hardware i need to use on this mobo, including buying a Corsair RM850x literally yesterday to see if this changed anything and its still giving my 4.800 to 4.720 v on the +5v rail, and getting as low as 3.184 on the 3.3v rail, which is on the Info list already.

I recently did a bios update to the latest and this is when I started to notice changes in Voltages, so i dont know if that is an issue now or not.

Sorry but I don't understand what the problem is. Is HWiNFO not showing correct values?
A screenshot maybe?

Last edited:
HI,
No, HW isnt showing the listed voltages, unless there is a list to find, which ive not via this site or the internet in general, to what ever VIN number there associated with for this board.
Getting a screen shot of the voltages in BIOS is hard, IE a pic and then upload, of which ill sort out later. But one bit of software that ive downloaded due it listing that is shows the +12, +5, and +3.3 is where i get these numbers from, and they get very low, as ive seen the +5 get down to 4.580 and the +3.3 down to 3.080, which is insane for the fact the system is still running at all, and +12 down to 12.5....
I require certain components to be running at all times, and this includes many fans, USB devices, multiple SSD, HDD and M.2 for storage and data, including multiple waterpumps as the whole system is watercooled...
As I said in the post, since the latest bios update for the board i noticed this voltage issue in BIOS and started checking things. Running a 1200w, let alone dual 1200w psu, and now a brand new RM850x on it own has not helped and im losing my mind with fear of component destruction...and ive used HW for many years and trusted its readings, as apossed to what ive had to use to get these under load readings and want to check them via HW, even though im starting to think nothing is reading anything correctly anymore...

Hi,
I also have some issue with motherboard (asrock B450m HDV) and want to check the other voltage as well, the HWINFO only showing 3.3v only, didn't see the 12v and 5v anywhere as well, even for the GPU/PCIe.

But asrock tuning can show all, but OCCT only show 3.3v and 12v GPU

Is ther anything need to be enabled at the setting to see the motherboard 12v and 5v reading?

Hi,
I also have some issue with motherboard (asrock B450m HDV) and want to check the other voltage as well, the HWINFO only showing 3.3v only, didn't see the 12v and 5v anywhere as well, even for the GPU/PCIe.

But asrock tuning can show all, but OCCT only show 3.3v and 12v GPU

Is ther anything need to be enabled at the setting to see the motherboard 12v and 5v reading?

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data so I can analyze why it isn't showing them.

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data so I can analyze why it isn't showing them.
Hi Martin,
Thanks for responding, here the debug file and sensor log, i'm not quite sure how to get sensor data

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    458.8 KB · Views: 5
Thanks, this shall be fixed in the next build.
Hello sir.

I apologize for bumping such an old post, but I too have an Asus ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming II motherboard, and I'm unable to view the 5v and 12v input levels in HWiNFO version 7.12.

The 3.3v and CMOS battery levels are readable though.

Hello sir.

I apologize for bumping such an old post, but I too have an Asus ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming II motherboard, and I'm unable to view the 5v and 12v input levels in HWiNFO version 7.12.

The 3.3v and CMOS battery levels are readable though.

Please attach a screenshot of the sensors and the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis.

No need for a Debug File, the screenshot you attached is enough to tell me where the problem is. Shall be fixed in the next (Beta) build.

Back