2 Chipset temperatures Gigabyte x570 UD

Hi, thanks for great monitoring software.
I have a question about chipset temperature. I have Gigabyte x570 UD motherboard and in HWInfo it have 2 chipset temperatures shown. One Is always high: 65 degrees idle and up to 80 degrees while gaming. Another is way cooler like 50 degrees idle and ~65 while gaming.
Bios and Gigabyte SIV utility only has one temperature and it's the cooler one, PCH fan RPM is also adjusted based on this temperature. This motherboard has pretty silent chipset fan at 2500 rpm in performance mode I cannot hear it but I doubt that it (probably it's bearing will fail) will last long in this mode.
So any info about this second sensor only HWInfo has? I stumbled upon a thread on this forum with similar questions regarding 2 chipset temps but I see not clear answer in it.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64_rtsJp9cNOl.png
    HWiNFO64_rtsJp9cNOl.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 32
I believe this question has already been answered in the other thread.
My statement is that the Chipset temperature under the dedicated Chipset heading is the internal temperature of the chip. The other value under the mainboard heading comes from a sensor placed close to the chip, hence it always reports a lower value which doesn't reflect the real internal temperature.

I believe this question has already been answered in the other thread.
My statement is that the Chipset temperature under the dedicated Chipset heading is the internal temperature of the chip. The other value under the mainboard heading comes from a sensor placed close to the chip, hence it always reports a lower value which doesn't reflect the real internal temperature.
Yet the PCH fan is on the lowest chipset temp under Mainboard, the only one reported in UEFI. Could the highest one be something else? ...power delivery related?

Back