3TB HDD and HWiNFO question

nmdelrio

I have been using the HWiNFO plugin with Rainmeter for close to 3 years for one thing to monitor mt SSD/HHDs in my system, with no problems. I am perfectly happy with HWiNFO and Rainmeter.

All in all, I have 1SSD and 5 HDDs, all with less than 2TB capacities.

I replaced a 2TB HDD with a 3TB HDD, which is using a GPT GUID partition table.

I noticed that the HDD read-write activity readings are weird. I am transferring files from a 2TB to another 2 TB, but HWiNFO Program's sensors indicate that I am writing to the 3TB instead, but 3TB is actually idle. There is also no read activity sensed on the 2TB I am transferring files from.

I also tried tranferring files to the 3TB, and its read/write activity sensor say zero activity.

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64.

Am I am encountering this problem because of the 2.2TB limit of Windows OS?

Does anyone know about this issue? Any workaround/fix?

Because now my SSD/HDD Rainmeter skin is giving out wrong information.

Thanks in advance for any information you may share.

This looks rather like a mismatch of drive identification.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File and Report File of the system and I will check this.

Martin said:
This looks rather like a mismatch of drive identification.
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File and Report File of the system and I will check this.

I tried to attach the debug file, but I keep getting a Cloudfare error. I don't have a report file, how do I get one?

Here's a link to Dropbox instead. debug file

Thanks. Can you also please attach a screenshot of the sensors window showing all disk activity sensors ?

Martin said:
Thanks. Can you also please attach a screenshot of the sensors window showing all disk activity sensors ?

Noticeably, I see the 3TB HDD (Drive: ST3000DM008-2DM166 (Z503M75C)) is not responding to read/write activities.

Screenshot of all disk activity sensors. screenshot

Martin said:

I am copying huge amount of files from the 2TB Drive: WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0 (WD-WMAZ20089342) to the 3TB Drive: ST3000DM008-2DM166 (Z503M75C) but here's a screenshot showing I am writing to the 2TB (whereas I am reading from it) and no either read or write activity on the 3TB.

Screenshot is attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• H2I-transfer.PNG
    H2I-transfer.PNG
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks. I think I know now where the problem is. Will try to fix it in the next Beta build.

Please try the new Beta build v5.57-3235 if this problem is fixed and let me know the result.

Martin said:
Please try the new Beta build v5.57-3235 if this problem is fixed and let me know the result.

Thank you very much, Martin. It works like a charm. I can't live without HWiNFO.

Attached is a screenshot of my left top auxiliary monitor where my HWiNFO-rich system monitoring Rainmeter skins are.

Thank you again for HWiNFO.

Attachments

• DT-2017-08-28-LT-opt.jpg
    DT-2017-08-28-LT-opt.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 6
Back