Ability to "lock" sensors

Glenwing

I often remove the battery from my laptop when plugged in for extended periods of time because (for whatever reason) the laptop processor throttles to 800 MHz at all times when connected to power with a full battery. However, if I reboot or sleep/wake the computer with the battery removed, the sensors associated with the battery such as capacity and charge rate will disappear, and won't reappear even if the battery is inserted until I reboot or sleep/wake the computer again with the battery attached. Would it be possible to add the ability to manually "lock" certain sensors so that even if the hardware is no longer present, the sensor will stay listed on the sensor page, and will start monitoring again if the hardware is reappears at a later time?

This order is based on physical presence (detection) of sensors. Such a locking would require to work with some sort of virtual sensors (which are actually not detected) and this is not supported by HWiNFO.
If you restart HWiNFO after plugging the battery in, will they then appear ?

Martin said:
This order is based on physical presence (detection) of sensors. Such a locking would require to work with some sort of virtual sensors (which are actually not detected) and this is not supported by HWiNFO.
If you restart HWiNFO after plugging the battery in, will they then appear ?

Hi, sorry for not replying :) Yes, they do appear after restarting HWiNFO. Thank you for the suggestion :)

Back