Additional S.M.A.R.T Features

Update:
The new released build 1847 should display drive status in sensors also for drives which do not support temperature reporting.

Thanks for that! I have verified it and it displays my SSD correctly :)

In the report view, I noticed that some information has a smaller font size than others so am not sure if this is a feature or a bug. I have attached a screenshot for better understanding.

Attachments

• Size.PNG
    Size.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the feedback.
This is intentional - to display items of lesser importance using a smaller font.

Hi. I do not make new thread since my feature request is covered by topic name.
To make the program more informative in [Drives -> SMART section] I would propose to show parameter ID at the beginning of the parameter name.
E.g. "[05/0x05] Reallocated Sector Count: xxx/10, Worst: xxx". In this example the 1st number in []s is decimal value and the 2nd is hex value of "Reallocated Sector Count" parameter ID.
What do you think about it, folx?

It's no problem to implement this, but I haven't seen a need for this yet. I suppose only few users might find this useful. Anyway, if I see there's a larger need for this, I'll implement that.

mrbrd said:
Hi. I do not make new thread since my feature request is covered by topic name.
To make the program more informative in [Drives -> SMART section] I would propose to show parameter ID at the beginning of the parameter name.
E.g. "[05/0x05] Reallocated Sector Count: xxx/10, Worst: xxx". In this example the 1st number in []s is decimal value and the 2nd is hex value of "Reallocated Sector Count" parameter ID.
What do you think about it, folx?

As for me, there are 2 reasons to show it.
1) The parameters names sometimes differ, so it is good to know the ID to understand clearly what value is viewed.
2) Most of software that show SMART, show IDs too. Some kind of defacto standard (maybe that is only my opinion). So when I see no such info, I think it is a flaw.
Thank you for reply. Shall wait for new releases.

Sounds reasonable, you convinced me ;) OK, I'll add the hex value to the front of the text in the next build.

Back