After bios update fan sensor is not showing

lifetechguy

Ok, I have gone round and round with this. I have the pro version and everything was fine until I did the 4002 update on my Asus rog x570. I went into the new bios and disabled the qfans auto mode like I always do (I use fan control) and set all the normal stuff. When the machine booted HWinfo is not reporting the M.2 fan header. I can see it in the bios, but even after a "refresh original order" and uninstalling and reinstalling HWinfo. It just won't show up. Oh, and the fan is stopped. Is there something I could have done to disable that header?

When the fan is stopped, by default it won't be reported by HWiNFO until it starts spinning. This is because it's not possible to determine whether a fan is stopped or not present at all.
You can enable the "Show all fans (including stopped or not present)" sensor option to show all fans regardless of whether they are stopped or not.

When the fan is stopped, by default it won't be reported by HWiNFO until it starts spinning. This is because it's not possible to determine whether a fan is stopped or not present at all.
You can enable the "Show all fans (including stopped or not present)" sensor option to show all fans regardless of whether they are stopped or not.
Thank you so much for the reply. I tried what you recommended and Auxfanin4 which has never shown anything but the m.z fan header is still not showing. I can control the fan thankfully from fancontrol but if info doesn't see it I cant take advantage of the memory sharing.

Thanks again for your help.

Nevermind... I am an idiot. I thought I completely uninstalled it and was fresh. It actually pulled in my last settings and I must have hid it.

Sorry for the false alarm and the poke in the right direction.

Back