Alert Delays

HS9

I'm trying to set-up alerts in HWinfo64 (Windows 10) to track GPU temperature and Core load. I want to delay once the alert threshold is reached. For example if GPU temperature reaches above 50C, I want to wait for 4 mins to see if the system can self correct to lower the temperature to 47C, if it doesn't/cannot, then I want to trigger the alert. I tried the following settings but I get an alert immediately when the GPU temperature reaches the threshold.
If Value >= 50
Notification distance = 240 seconds
Number of samples to trigger alarm = 2

Please help

Such delay is not possible to setup in HWiNFO. You can achieve this only by configuring HWiNFO alarm to launch a 3rd party application or script that would handle this according to your needs.

This is the kind of thing that Aquacomputer's Aquasuite is quite good at. The program has a "playground" wherein you can manipulate sensor data - you can add, subtract, perform statistical calculations, logic functions, apply filters, compare to constant values, etc. Alerts can be based on the output of these functions. The possibilities are really only limited by your imagination. Aquasuite can import data from HWINFO via shared memory support, so you can import the data from HWINFO and then manipulate it in Aquasuite to generate the alerts you want. You do need to have at least one Aquasuite enabled device installed to even install Aquasuite. I don't know if you have any interest in the Aquasuite platform but if you are interested in having alerts like the one you described, it may be worth looking into.

"Notification distance = 240 seconds" -> this determines the amount of time between alerts, not the amount of time before the first alert. If you get an alert, you will get another alert 4 minutes later (assuming alert conditions still exist.)
"Number of samples to trigger alarm = 2" -> this is the number you want to play with: Check how often you are polling the temperatures. For example, if you are polling the temperatures once a second, but don't want the first alert until 4 minutes have passed, you would want "Number of samples to trigger alarm = 240".

"Notification distance = 240 seconds" -> this determines the amount of time between alerts, not the amount of time before the first alert. If you get an alert, you will get another alert 4 minutes later (assuming alert conditions still exist.)
"Number of samples to trigger alarm = 2" -> this is the number you want to play with: Check how often you are polling the temperatures. For example, if you are polling the temperatures once a second, but don't want the first alert until 4 minutes have passed, you would want "Number of samples to trigger alarm = 240".
Thank you Sandi. So to trigger alerts after say 4 mins / 240sec, and assuming alerts are triggered every second, then
Notification distance = 1
Number of samples to trigger alarm = 240
Also, once the alert threshold is reached wouldn't it poll every second?
correct?

Thank you Sandi. So to trigger alerts after say 4 mins / 240sec, and assuming alerts are triggered every second, then
correct?
I'm not sure what you mean? But if your polling interval is set to 1, and you set Notification Distance to 1, then I believe that after the first alert, you will get an alert every one second from then on. It is worth testing to find out for sure.

correct?
For instance, my polling interval is set to once every minute:

Screenshot 2022-04-07 021804.png

Ah... now I understand what you mean by polling. My question is to trigger alert every 4 minutes, can I leave notification distance blank (or 0), and have Number of samples to trigger alarm = 240, with polling once every second?
I think " Number of samples to trigger alarm" only refers to the first alarm. "Notification distance" refers to the time span between the first alarm and the second alarm, and between the 2nd and the 3rd, and so on. So, I would try polling once every second, Number of samples to trigger alarm = 240, and notification distance 240.
I am pretty sure that would work. Please let me know either way. :)

Reactions: HS9
I think " Number of samples to trigger alarm" only refers to the first alarm. "Notification distance" refers to the time span between the first alarm and the second alarm, and between the 2nd and the 3rd, and so on. So, I would try polling once every second, Number of samples to trigger alarm = 240, and notification distance 240.
I am pretty sure that would work. Please let me know either way. :)
Tested the configuration and it seems to be working. One thing that is off is alerts are triggered earlier. Meaning, if I want alert to trigger 1 minute apart, they are triggered at about 40-45 seconds, not a big deal. I did change the polling interval to 1 minute. Thank you for your help.

Tested the configuration and it seems to be working. One thing that is off is alerts are triggered earlier. Meaning, if I want alert to trigger 1 minute apart, they are triggered at about 40-45 seconds, not a big deal. I did change the polling interval to 1 minute. Thank you for your help.
You're welcome!

Hopefully, the notification distance will be fixed and be more accurate in upcoming editions. Of course, you could try increasing the alert distance to, for example, 90 seconds, and see if that gets you any closer to your 1-minute target.

Back