ASUS A88XM-PLUS

Fredyhk

HWiNFO64 is reporting high temps from sensor "Nuvoton NCT6791D", including temps over 100 C on motherboard, temp 3, 4, 5, & 6. Processor is at 30 C and everything is cool to touch. No other indication of high temps.

[attachment=1207]Hey Martin! Sorry I´ve been not around!
Now when i am on this issue i subscribed so that it can be solved, occasionally . ;)

Attachments

• hwinfo.jpg
    hwinfo.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 13
It seems those values (Temp2-8) are invalid and should be ignored. They come most probably from not connected sensors.

Martin said:
It seems those values (Temp2-8) are invalid and should be ignored. They come most probably from not connected sensors.

...silly question: HOW can i connect them?  :D
And which temperature reading should i associate with correct temperature of my CPU? Is it "CPU" tab -"CPU" or "CPU 0 Package" , or is it under "Nuvoton NCT6791D" tab - "Motherboard or CPU"??

:) If you feel skilled enough, you'd need to get the mainboard schematics and then catch the right pin or route to connect them ;)

I'm afraid, your CPU doesn't provide correct internal temperatures at least in the lower range (under the CPU tab), more here: http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-CPU-Core-Temperature-Measuring-Facts-Fictions
So the only reliable CPU temperature you can get is the one under Nuvoton, however this is the temperature external (close) to the CPU (most probably in the socket).

Thank you Martin!
Am bit disappointed at AMD now as they dump user side where we would for the peace of mind monitor our CPU temperatures and set up software which can adjust relatively real-time fan speeds! ;-) Will have to go subscribe to my CPU & MB forums in case they come up with some solution... ;-)

Back