Autosave report an option? Good tool, cant get results.

In short monitoring a very system lock up and hang during gaming.  Nothing new at all hardware wise, same game Ive always played, drivers all to date.  After about an hour it will predictably lockup.  Video card temps not abnormal, not seeing anything.  Lockup seems video realted but can be sure.  Nothing in Event Viewer.  Alt-Tab will get me out but one monitor black and other monitor slow.  Cntrol-Alt_delete fails so cant get to taks manager.

Was able to record with HWInfo and then have the freeze.  The only problem is that the Freeze prevented me from getting back to HWInfo and SAVE the report.  I got close.  Alt Tabbed to HWINFO, clicked save report, then locked up to point I couldnt get report saved.  Might need a monitoring app that records and autosaves and does not require a manual save?

Thanks

The sensor logfile is automatically saved during the runtime, but in case the system crashes completely the last might might not be saved as its kept in system file cache (memory).

Martin said:
The sensor logfile is automatically saved during the runtime, but in case the system crashes completely the last might might not be saved as its kept in system file cache (memory).

Thanks Martin.  I dont see any file saved.  What path/location does it get saved to?

The file is stored where you have chosen - right after clicking the "Logging start" button you're prompted for the file location and name.

Thanks Martin. I found it. I think this may work. Even though it locks up I can still occasionally get an Alt-Tab to respond, and that point would be past the first hang. Will report back.

Just saw that there isnt really a manual. Will play around a bit. My first report doesn't show anything obvious and just assumed I was doing it wrong.

Back