bad sensor readings

tiker

Hey,

Got a system here that seems to be running warm but different programs give different temperature readings.

In the process of testing, we noticed hwinfo32 is reporting 3 temperatures for the system board but temperature #2 is all over the place (32f to 480f) and the voltages are off on a few (-12v shows as -2.??).

Attached is the debug log.
Thanks.

Attachments

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
This is because all mainboards need specific adjustments for sensor values, however this particular model (Biostar P4M800CE-8237) is currently not supported in HWiNFO.
I'll check if I can determine how to adjust these values, but I can't promise I'll be able to do so (it's a quite old model)..

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Can you please check the BIOS what values it reports (under System Health) and attach a picture or write down the values?

tiker

Martin said:
Can you please check the BIOS what values it reports (under System Health) and attach a picture or write down the values?
Picture attached.

Looking at the RPM values from the BIOS, I think they're a bit higher in HWinfo as well - hwinfo was showing fan rpm over 10k.

We've also added a fan to the system between the original debug attachment and this picture (in case you see a discrepancy in fans).

Thanks.

Attachments

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Thanks. I'll try to adjust the voltage and fan speed values for this mainboard, however I'm not sure which temperature reported is the correct one.
If there's a temperature fluctuating too much, it should be considered as an invalid value (sensor input most probably not connected to a diode).