bad sensor readings

tiker

Hey,

Got a system here that seems to be running warm but different programs give different temperature readings.

In the process of testing, we noticed hwinfo32 is reporting 3 temperatures for the system board but temperature #2 is all over the place (32f to 480f) and the voltages are off on a few (-12v shows as -2.??).

Attached is the debug log.
Thanks.

Attachments

• HWiNFO32.DBG
    130 KB · Views: 3
This is because all mainboards need specific adjustments for sensor values, however this particular model (Biostar P4M800CE-8237) is currently not supported in HWiNFO.
I'll check if I can determine how to adjust these values, but I can't promise I'll be able to do so (it's a quite old model)..

Can you please check the BIOS what values it reports (under System Health) and attach a picture or write down the values?

Martin said:
Can you please check the BIOS what values it reports (under System Health) and attach a picture or write down the values?

Picture attached.

Looking at the RPM values from the BIOS, I think they're a bit higher in HWinfo as well - hwinfo was showing fan rpm over 10k.

We've also added a fan to the system between the original debug attachment and this picture (in case you see a discrepancy in fans).

Thanks.

Attachments

• SAM_0520.jpg
    SAM_0520.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 16
Thanks. I'll try to adjust the voltage and fan speed values for this mainboard, however I'm not sure which temperature reported is the correct one.
If there's a temperature fluctuating too much, it should be considered as an invalid value (sensor input most probably not connected to a diode).

Back