Battery Discharge Rate Sensor Question

N

Nnokalad

Hello all,
I'd first like to say a big thank you for this HWiNFO Program, It has been EXTREMELY helpful for my school experiment.

I was a bit confused about something, all help would be grateful.
When I load up the application, from my understanding, it polls your hardware information on startup. If my understanding is correct, is there a way to refresh, without reopening the app?

I have found know way to do this, so I'm constantly relying on the "Sensors" mode, which is absolutely great.

However, when I open the Sensors page, I get a constant battery discharge rate of around 5000-6000 mW which is fine, but when I open the application in "normal" mode It shows a reading of around 11000-13000 mW.

So what is going on here, and which reading is more accurate/reliable?

Thanks!

The main application window contains only static information, which is obtained during initial scan and not refreshed. Sensors window does constantly refresh, so you should rely on that if you need actual data.

Martin said:
The main application window contains only static information, which is obtained during initial scan and not refreshed. Sensors window does constantly refresh, so you should rely on that if you need actual data.

Ok thank you, but is there a reason why the initial scan shows upto double of the average sensor output, during the same workload?

No particular reason, only if the initial scan would consume a bit more resources for a short while, which is reflected by that. Otherwise the value should be consistent with the one in sensors.

Back