Battery NiMH instead of LIon

hexaae

The battery says I've a NiMH instead of Li ion one... Pavilion DV5 1110el (ITA), Win7 Ultimate x86. This happens randomly, and not only for HWinfo32 :(
There's a technical explanation?

This might be a bug in the BIOS / ACPI information data which is reported via Smart Battery interface to operating system.

Thank you.
Could you add a sort of info refresh for the battery page, let's say every 5 seconds? So that it will correctly report if "current" status is On AC power or discharging, and update the Wear level....

I'll put this into the queue, alteratively I might add this into the Sensor monitoring screen.

Martin said:
I'll put this into the queue, alteratively I might add this into the Sensor monitoring screen.

I see v3.67-1100 uses the Sensor panel but there's a problem: while recharging the Battery isn't monitored and reports 0, 0, 0:

I checked this on other machines and it works properly.
What battery information do you see in the main screen in this case?

Martin said:
It happens randomly: at first is ok (discharge and then start recharging), after a full recharge from 77%->100% if I open the Sensor panel I see 0, 0, 0.
I have an HP Pavilion dv5 1110el (ITA).

I have tried to reproduce this, but for me it works.
Do you ahve any other software that can read the battery status to see if it behaves the same?

hexaae said:
Martin said:
It happens randomly: at first is ok (discharge and then start recharging), after a full recharge from 77%->100% if I open the Sensor panel I see 0, 0, 0.
I have an HP Pavilion dv5 1110el (ITA).

I tried the Stand By too, but can't reproduce this too.
Any other ideas maybe how to reproduce this issue?

This morning I powered on my laptop.

Started HWiNFO32 and HWMonitor. Everything looks good.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r300/lethaltiker/before.jpg">http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r300 ... before.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Click Start -> Shutdown and select "Stand By". Click OK and the system goes into a stand by mode. Power the system back on again, enter NT credentials to unlock the screen and this is what I see.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r300/lethaltiker/after.jpg">http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r300 ... /after.jpg</a><!-- m -->

I restarted HWiNFO32 and everything was good again.

Hibernating the laptop and waking up again does not cause this. Seems only Suspend / Stand by does.

Thanks for the additional information. That seems to be model specific, since for me such situation works properly.
Can you please try to close the sensors before Stand By (only Sensors window, leave the rest of HWiNFO32 running) and after resume opening if it causes the same issue?

Closed the sensor window. Left the main program window open.

Stand by / Woke up again

Re-opened sensor window. Everything looks good.

:?: ...mmh, there is also another strange issue with Sensors when displayed on the Traybar.
I use GPU, CPU0, HD in the tray to monitor my temps, and I've also configured Win7 Ultimate ITA x86 to show me 'Always' those icons... well, the problem is that sometimes after I open HWiNFO main window (just to give a look at the current status) + Sensors still running, and then 'Minimize ALL' again to Traybar I've experienced some problems with Win7's thumbnail preview of running programs windows that will be forcibly deselected while looking at the thumbs! It's like there is a sort of cyclical input event timeout triggered by HWiNFO (read furhter) that makes the thumbs preview auto-close unexpectedly, very annoying. When I recall the GUI and 'Close' the Sensor panel the problem disappears and Win7 behaves again as expected. At this point I can re-open the Sensor panel and 'Minimize ALL' again, until this strange behaviour happens again after a while.
Quite strange...

EDIT
With 'Win7's thumbnail preview of running programs windows' I mean this:
win7_preview_2_03.jpg

I've left it running minimized since my last post (about an hour ago) and and the values other than voltage still show 0.

First test was a success! Values still show after a Stand By / Wake Up again.

I will continue to test and will let you know if the issue returns.

Thanks.

Back