Battery NiMH instead of LIon

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that it works. Just let me know if you find any issues...

Martin said:
As for the Win7 thumbnail preview, can you please post screenshots of the actual situation when it happens?
I can't: you would see nothing interesting. The thumb preview just disappears suddenly as if there was a very short timeout (?)... It happens randmly (I'm still investing how to reproduce it...). The strange thing is that if double-click on the sensor icons and open the Sensor window and then "Close" this panel, Windows7 will go back to normal, so I'm quite sure it is something triggered by the Sensors in the traybar...

I'm using latest beta from 2 days, and still can't reproduce the mysterious bug with Win7's thumbs-preview. I'll test it deeper the next days, also the battery bug. At first glance it seems these bugs are fixed indeed... stay tuned! ;)

Still cannot reproduce those 2 bugs with latest beta.
As far as I can see thery're finally fixed... :)

That's good to hear. I fixed the Battery issue, but haven't done anything with the Tray/Thumb preview. But when you say it's fixed, then I better won't touch it :D

hexaae said:

Martin said:
That's good to hear. I fixed the Battery issue, but haven't done anything with the Tray/Thumb preview. But when you say it's fixed, then I better won't touch it :D

hexaae said:
Don't know why but I'm sure there was the problem, always reproduceable after some time. Don't know if you changed something in the GUI too (Sensor panel) that as a side-effect fixed the weird isse.
1 thing is sure: I didn't install new programs or modified my sys (and got not relevant WUS updates). The only change was the new HWiNFO :)

Thanks for your very useful tool! I love also the way it displays the sensors within the customizable colored box. :D
BTW, what about a separate little tool just for the sensor check in the traybar to be loaded on startup?

:) If you wait a hour, I'll release a new beta with a "Sensor-only" mode. I hope you'll like it ;)

hexaae said:
Thanks for your very useful tool! I love also the way it displays the sensors within the customizable colored box. :D
BTW, what about a separate little tool just for the sensor check in the traybar to be loaded on startup?

Martin said:
:) If you wait a hour, I'll release a new beta with a "Sensor-only" mode. I hope you'll like it ;)

hexaae said:
Great! Woudl be very useful, and I don't like CoreTemp, RealTemp and the others... ;)
Just 1 request: don't use splash screens or the like in this case (or add a no-splash option)...

It's released.
Use the "Sensor-only" option in the splash screen.
If you don't want the splash screen anymore then also enable the "Minimalize Main Window On Start" option in Configure.
hexaae said:
Great! Woudl be very useful, and I don't like CoreTemp, RealTemp and the others... ;)
Just 1 request: don't use splash screens or the like in this case (or add a no-splash option)...

Martin said:
It's released.
Use the "Sensor-only" option in the splash screen.
If you don't want the splash screen anymore then also enable the "Minimalize Main Window On Start" option in Configure.
hexaae said:

Mmmh, not exactly what I had in mind. Even if I select "Minimalize Main Window on Startup", "Minimalize Sensors on Start" and check "Sensor only" I still see loading window popping-up etc. I'd prefer a total silent mode if you want to use it just in Sensor only mode... :)

So the "detecting" dialog is the problematic one? Well, at least I hope this mode is a bit better for sensors than the original one.
hexaae said:
Mmmh, not exactly what I had in mind. Even if I select "Minimalize Main Window on Startup", "Minimalize Sensors on Start" and check "Sensor only" I still see loading window popping-up etc. I'd prefer a total silent mode if you want to use it just in Sensor only mode... :)

Martin said:
So the "detecting" dialog is the problematic one? Well, at least I hope this mode is a bit better for sensors than the original one.
hexaae said:

Yes, I'd like also no detecting dialog to silently add just the sensor icons to the traybar after a system reboot...

I have also a strange problem: I've set "Minimalize Main Window on Startup", "Minimalize Sensors on Start" and checked "Sensor only" and I see on loading: detecting window, than the Main window opens and suddenly gets closed, and then the Sensor panel is left open on the screen... :?:

Sorry, a small bug ;)
This one should fix it: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw32_369_1141.zip">http://www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw32_369_1141.zip</a><!-- m -->
Let me know...

hexaae said:
I have also a strange problem: I've set "Minimalize Main Window on Startup", "Minimalize Sensors on Start" and checked "Sensor only" and I see on loading: detecting window, than the Main window opens and suddenly gets closed, and then the Sensor panel is left open on the screen... :?:

Martin said:
Sorry, a small bug ;)
This one should fix it: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw32_369_1141.zip">http://www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw32_369_1141.zip</a><!-- m -->
Let me know...

hexaae said:

Ok, no more Sensor panel left open. But the Main Window still pops-up and suddenly gets closed after the detecting window...
Will you also consider the 'totally silent mode' with no detection window? :)

I have tried to reproduce the Main Window issue, but can't. For me no such pop-up occurs.
Yes, I'll consider the total silent mode too. But I don't understand, why is that such a big issue. It's also to keep the user informed about what's currently going on...
hexaae said:
Ok, no more Sensor panel left open. But the Main Window still pops-up and suddenly gets closed after the detecting window...

Martin said:
I have tried to reproduce the Main Window issue, but can't. For me no such pop-up occurs.
I use default Aero theme with fade-in/out when a new window pops-up. Maybe you can't see it because you disabled window effects and your gfx card is fast enough? :)
I've also deleted HWiNFO32.INI to create a new config from scratch but I still can see the main window popping up and closing down for an instant (or it could be the Summary info window, it's too fast!)... Sensor panel never shows up instead, as expected.

Yes, I'll consider the total silent mode too. But I don't understand, why is that such a big issue. It's also to keep the user informed about what's currently going on...
hexaae said:
It's good to avoid many splash screens (printer software and others) overlapping when booting. I prefer a clean startup with no pop-ups at all. Best thing as always is to add at least a user switch option IMHO to make everybody happy...

Did this issue occur with previous versions too (when you were using the Minimalize Main Window option) ?
When you disable the effects, does it still occur?
hexaae said:
I use default Aero theme with fade-in/out when a new window pops-up. Maybe you can't see it because you disabled window effects and your gfx card is fast enough? :)
I've also deleted HWiNFO32.INI to create a new config from scratch but I still can see the main window popping up and closing down for an instant...

Martin said:
Did this issue occur with previous versions too (when you were using the Minimalize Main Window option) ?
hexaae said:
I've also deleted HWiNFO32.INI to create a new config from scratch but I still can see the main window popping up and closing down for an instant...
Yes, also with vx.x.1100..
Yes, also if I dsable Aero effect, I still can see for a fraction of time window borders appearing and disappearing...

Back