BIOS and HWInfo give different values for CPU temperature and fan speeds.

Parsonm

Having had a number of sudden power restarts after the last windows upgrade to 1709, I was advised to run HWInfo to see if any issues could be seen. I have made some minor changes to the CPU Q-fan and CHA_Fan Q-Fan temperature and fan profiles which have helped. However, I have noticed that HWInfo values for the higher CPU temperatures appear to be higher than those being displayed in the BIOS and in addition the fan speeds for both in HWInfo are considerably lower, i.e. HWinfo stating 2230 for CPU fan when the BIOS is saying 2700.
Are there any settings that I can adjust to bring HWInfo more into line with the BIOS ( assuming thew BIOS is giving the correct readings).
I have tried to attach the debug files but it says it is too large.

[attachment=2790]
Re my last post- just clicked on the Debug file and it dropped from 8K to 2K, so I will try attaching it this time round.
It has now dropped right down, so hopefully it will attach ok and be of use.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    489 KB · Views: 1
Values in Windows (and HWiNFO) will always be different from BIOS, because the system load (and other conditions like power management/dynamic power states) is very different in those environments. So it makes no sense to attempt to match the same power/thermal conditions.

Parsonm said:
Having had a number of sudden power restarts after the last windows upgrade to 1709, I was advised to run HWInfo to see if any issues could be seen. I have made some minor changes to the CPU Q-fan and CHA_Fan Q-Fan temperature and fan profiles which have helped. However, I have noticed that HWInfo values for the higher CPU temperatures appear to be higher than those being displayed in the BIOS and in addition the fan speeds for both in HWInfo are considerably lower, i.e. HWinfo stating 2230 for CPU fan when the BIOS is saying 2700.
Are there any settings that I can adjust to bring HWInfo more into line with the BIOS ( assuming thew BIOS is giving the correct readings).
I have tried to attach the debug files but it says it is too large.

It would be intelligent when you post to not assume everyone is using or knows that ROG Crosshair VI motherboard uses the 1709 bios. I don't since they initially shipped with a bricked bios. I just happen to know that bios is for the Crosshair VI.

Back