[BUG] String error codes

iamanai

I came across this bug when I was attempting to make a skin automatically detect whether or not HWiNFO was running. I wanted to use a string value, because I was using !OnChangeAction and using a number value would cause that to fire off every second when HWiNFO is active (which is not what I want). However, I have discovered that HWiNFO string measures (such as the SensorName parameter) do not detect when the error code transitions to the string value provided by the sensor.

To further explain this, I have provided an example skin. I am monitoring the GPU sensor name and the GPU temperature using two strings. When HWiNFO is active, it works perfectly. And when HWiNFO is no longer present (or never was), the error codes come up as usual. However, when HWiNFO is started after the skin is loaded. the number value will work fine, but the string value will remain on its error code.

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
MiddleMouseDownAction=[!Refresh]

[Variables]
bgWidth=250

[MeasureHwinfoStringTest]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO
HWiNFOSensorId=0xe0002000
HWiNFOSensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFOType=SensorName

[MeasureHwinfoNumTest]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO
HWiNFOSensorId=0xe0002000
HWiNFOSensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFOEntryId=0x1000000
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue

[Background]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=5,5,5,220
X=0
Y=0
W=#bgWidth#
H=[BackgroundHeight:Y]
ScaleMargins=2,2,2,2
DynamicVariables=1
Group=BgMeters

[MeterString]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureHwinfoStringTest
FontSize=8
FontColor=255,255,255,240
FontFace=Arial
X=3
Y=3
Antialias=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterString2]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureHwinfoNumTest
MeterStyle=MeterString
Y=R

[BackgroundHeight]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,255,255,1
X=0
Y=3R
W=#bgWidth#
H=1
DynamicVariables=1
Group=BgMeters

Hi, yes, I was able duplicate this after reading the post in the RM forum earlier. Ironic the timing as I fixed this earlier this AM a few hours before you posted. It will be in the next build which should be out soon. It might be a week or two as I leave for a business trip tomorrow.

For now refreshing the skin should resolve it, although I know it does not help in checking if HWiNFO is running which is what you are trying to do.

stangowner said:
Hi, yes, I was able duplicate this after reading the post in the RM forum earlier. Ironic the timing as I fixed this earlier this AM a few hours before you posted. It will be in the next build which should be out soon. It might be a week or two as I leave for a business trip tomorrow.

For now refreshing the skin should resolve it, although I know it does not help in checking if HWiNFO is running which is what you are trying to do.

Glad to know you've fixed it! I look forward to the new build. :)

Back