Can GPU Memory Error be false positive?

Kristijan k

Hi i have second hand GPU RX 580. A few days ago i tested it with Furmark all was ok, temps max at 76c. Today after playing COD Warzone it showed 1 GPU memory error. Did i destroy my GPU with Furmark or this error could be false positive? Should it be shown after playing all games if its broken card?

Occasional GPU Memory Errors are OK, they can happen for various reasons.
It would be a problem if the count would be increasing by large numbers.

Hi i have second hand GPU RX 580. A few days ago i tested it with Furmark all was ok, temps max at 76c. Today after playing COD Warzone it showed 1 GPU memory error. Did i destroy my GPU with Furmark or this error could be false positive? Should it be shown after playing all games if its broken card?
Avoid testing GPUs with Furmark. Its abusive and like a load virus. Though I really doubt that 1 run can hurt the GPU or Vmemory.
For testing use more conventional benchmarks like UnigineHeaven4.0 or Superposition.

Do you know if this RX580 was used for cryptocurrency mining?
I can examine the BIOS of the card and see if there is anything unusual. Save the file with GPU-Z and upload it here. At first page of GPU-Z there is an arrow under AMD logo. Click and save file.
Also state the model of the card with details.

The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension when uploading :(
It's Sapphire Pulse rx 580 4gb
Avoid testing GPUs with Furmark. Its abusive and like a load virus. Though I really doubt that 1 run can hurt the GPU or Vmemory.
For testing use more conventional benchmarks like UnigineHeaven4.0 or Superposition.

Do you know if this RX580 was used for cryptocurrency mining?
I can examine the BIOS of the card and see if there is anything unusual. Save the file with GPU-Z and upload it here. At first page of GPU-Z there is an arrow under AMD logo. Click and save file.
Also state the model of the card with details.

Yeah, ok. No Rom files allowed.
So you will have to do something else.

Find PBE (PolarisBiosEditor) and open the file. Take a screenshot and upload it here.

Like this

1611443298203.png

Back