Changing monitor speed rates

Aprojectile

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to change the rates in which the download and upload speeds are displayed. They're currently shown in KBs and I would like to change them to Mbs if at all possible?

And second but off subject, I currently have a Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 motherboard and under the motherboard tab it shows Motherboard, CPU Auxiliary, AUXTIN2, AUXTIN3, and lastly CPU (PECI) temp sensors. Now for some reason the AUXTIN3 is always reading extremly high, like as of right now it is reading 97.0 C. I have no idea what temp this is and idk why it would be reading that high.

r4tEpGR.png

In the Custom tab of Sensor settings you can adjust any value. So if you enter a Multiply = 0.0009765625 (which is 1/1024) and change the Unit name to MB/s, you will get the desired values .
The AUXTIN3 value is most probably not connected on your mainboard and thus may provide erratic values. I think you can ignore it.

Martin said:
In the Custom tab of Sensor settings you can adjust any value. So if you enter a Multiply = 0.0009765625 (which is 1/1024) and change the Unit name to MB/s, you will get the desired values .
The AUXTIN3 value is most probably not connected on your mainboard and thus may provide erratic values. I think you can ignore it.

Alright, thank you so much! And yeah i kinda figured that the AUXTIN3 was some type of error because I can't think of anything getting that hot and not melting down lol

I actually have another question, is this going to be reading in MB/s now? I am actually wanting to see Mb/s instead of MB/s. I'm sure you know what I mean but just in case, i want to see bits not bytes. =P

The current value is shown in KBytes (so /1024). If you want to show the value in Mbits, then you'll need to set the Multiply value to: 0.001024

Am I doing something wrong, I entered 0.001024 in the multiply field and clicked set but it is still showing my downloads in MB/s instead of Mb/s

For Mega-bits/s you need to use a different factor (additionally multiply by 8), so: 8 * 1/1024 = 0.0078125

I've clicked on the customize tab, scrolled down to my Current DL Rate. I would like to rename KB/s to Mb/s but it wont let me write to that field. How do I change that field? Thank you!

I've clicked on the customize tab, scrolled down to my Current DL Rate. I would like to rename KB/s to Mb/s but it wont let me write to that field. How do I change that field? Thank you!

Do you have the "Current DL Rate" item selected in the above list?

I've clicked "Current DL Rate" and see that it auto populates "KB/s". Then I click in that field, it shows a blinking cursor, as if it's ready to be modified, but it will not delete or write anything that I try to type in there.

Modify the bottom field, which has the Rename button next to it and then click Rename.

If there was ever a time in my life that I've set a new record low for being stupid, it was this moment. LOL
Thanks Martin

Back