Computer crashes with bluescreen

Hello,

I have a pc that often crashes with blue screen and reboots afterwards.

[attachment=2759]

The pc belongs to a friend of mine and was bought about 2 years ago online.
The crashes occurred since the first time running. Unfortunately my friend never sent the pc back to seller.
I had a hard time making the pc run after all. Worst problem was to update Win 10 Home.
But finaly the pc was running.
I returned it to my friend and it didn't even start Win 10 and got stuck on Win repair function.
I had no idea why. So I took it back to my home formatted the HDD again, and started all over.
Now its running again. But still crashes with blue screens once in a while.
I run several test. Non of them showed any errors. For example:

• Seatools (Seagate HDD Testing Tool)
  • memtest86
  • chkdsk
  • mdsched
Then I tried Prime95 and the pc crashed after a few seconds using "Torture Test Blend".

I run HWinfo monitoring and parallel:

• I tried AIDA64extreme System stability test, only CPU test, without any issues. (see hwinfo23803181818OnlyCPUtest.CSV)
  • I tried AIDA64extreme System stability test, all components selected. The pc crashed after a few seconds running. (see hwinfo290320182016AllTests.CSV beginning at minute 50)
  • I run the test for each component separately and with Stress system memory selected the test automatically aborted due to hardware failure, but did not crash. (see hwinfo290320182111OnlyMemTest.CSV beginning at minute 20)

(Sorry for the images, insert an image doesn't work and I can only attach 5 files)

My question is now, is it a RAM failure and if yes, why didn't memtest86 found it, or is there some problem with virtual memory and how can I fix this? Or may there be an other problem?

I'm thankful for any help.

Kind regards, Blubbfisch

Attachments

• hwinfo23803181818OnlyCPUtest.CSV
    48.7 KB · Views: 1
  • hwinfo290320182016AllTests.CSV
    454.9 KB · Views: 0
  • hwinfo290320182111OnlyMemTest.CSV
    272.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Systemsummary.PNG
    Systemsummary.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Systemdetails.HTM
    121.9 KB · Views: 0
There is a hint it could be your ram. Do you have access to any other ram you could test with?

The memory hardware failure in Aida doesn't look good. Are you getting any BSOD codes? Not really my expertise but the code could help someone more experienced in that department. Perhaps try one or two other hardware troubleshooting forums as well. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Kol12 said:
The memory hardware failure in Aida doesn't look good. Are you getting any BSOD codes? Not really my expertise but the code could help someone more experienced in that department. Perhaps try one or two other hardware troubleshooting forums as well. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Yes, I do get BSOD and looked at them with Whocrashed and Bluescreenview, but this is not realy helpful.
Don't worry, you helped me a lot by confirming, that this memory failure is suspect.

If there would be a problem with memory, I believe memtest86+ would find it.
Have you tried memtest86 or memtest86+ (http://www.memtest.org/) ? I have good experience with memtest86+, so if you haven't tried that one, I suggest to run an extensive test using it.

Martin said:
If there would be a problem with memory, I believe memtest86+ would find it.
Have you tried memtest86 or memtest86+ (http://www.memtest.org/) ? I have good experience with memtest86+, so if you haven't tried that one, I suggest to run an extensive test using it.

I have used memtest86. I will try memtest86+ also and post the result.

Back