Computer experiencing Power Reporting Deviation (accuracy) high?

wgelpi

I am experiencing some seemingly random reboots (no BSOD, no errors of any kind, just a reboot). I initially thought it was related to PSU (Thanks to some help from reddit[1] I made a change to three dedicated power cables to my GPU whereas before I had one daisy chain). I have experienced the issue much less frequently, but it has still happened. In my researching I have noticed that my Power Reporting Deviation metric in HWiNFO64 v7.20-4700 is pretty high based on their definition of "in range" with the max right now at 205% (recommended range is 90% - 110%). I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with the reboots and if so how I could troubleshoot/fix. Thanks for any guidance on this issue!

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

CPU Cooling: Noctua chroma.black

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080

Mobo: ASUS Strix B-550

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)

PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM850x 850 W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified

Complete build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gPWn78

[1]

Attachments

• PowerReportingDeviation.png
    PowerReportingDeviation.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 3
PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM850x 850 W
Five days ago I did remove from my PC one Corsair CX750 which started suddenly to cause system reboot on gaming.
The PSU was capable to boot the PC, and handle all light loads, up to 300W (external REAL power meter = Watt meter).
There was no indication, that single voltage rail was in trouble.
I do electronics repairs professionally, I am speculating that one of it in hardware protections, this activates prematurely, and very suddenly.

Back