Continuous beep when using hwinfo.

Lex

Hela!

loving hwinfo (great job) always used it!
But after a upgrade of motherboard ram and CPU i had a continuous beep from my system speaker after starting up normal but after a minute or 10 the beep starts.
no way to shut it down and i started doubting the hardware.
after a couple of weeks (where i pulled out my system speaker and putted in a couple of socks to lower the noise)
and spending ... some.. money to other ram and more (ending up whit a totally brand new computer).
I came to the conclusion after installing a new SSD with new windows ,, the beep was gone.. until i started hwinfo.
Why is it always at the end of the journey you see a shortcut but that's something else.
(i don't blame anybody/anything).

It seems to start when the computer is going back to idle (cooling down).

Someone with some suggestions how to be fix this?

Ow and might there be a way to save layouts/settings in a profile?

MB : Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K
PSU: Corsair CS850M, 850 Watt
RAM: Vengeance 16g 2mod 3466
https://www.alternate.nl/Corsair/16-GB-DDR4-3466-Kit-Werkgeheugen/html/product/1262920?
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC

Greetings, Lex

Well, this is a really strange problem, something that was never reported yet. And not easy to diagnose....
First, attaching the HWiNFO Debug File might show more details about your system.
Then I'd suggest to start with disabling sensors one by one and see if disabling a certain sensor can resolve the problem.
Please let me know any results, as I'm really interested in finding what could be causing it.

PCH was not enabled but i get the value anyway.
The crash was while monitoring with all sensors on.
The other one the beep acures 30 seconds +/- before i closed hwi.
I disabled monitoring PCH now and hope the beep does not return.
After the beep started that was greyed out sometimes.
im still "waiting" what happens with that
for now i have 4 files (2x debug 2xCVS) .
You might be able to spot something.
In meantime i hope i don't hear any beep again or crash.

The CVS logging separator is a * instead of ,

Greetings

Attachments

• DebugLexi.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
I checked the Debug File, but sorry, cannot see anything suspicious there.
You'll need to try the exercise and see if disabling some of the sensors can fix the problem.

I know the last post was already some months ago but I had the same problem and I could solve it by uninstalling/deactivating EasyTune (Gigabyte tool for overclocking and fan control). After that my speaker wasn't beeping anymore while running hwinfo.

BTW:
Before I came to this solution the debugging display of my MB showed the code D4 (while speaker beeped). The code stands for 'PCI resource allocation error. Out of Resources.' but I don't really know what that meant beside the PCI had some kind of an issue.

MB : Gigabyte GA-Z170x-UD3 (Bios: F6 and F22)
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K
RAM: HyperX Fury (2666 MHz)
GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Super JetStream

Thank you Mybb

After a long process i finally left all those programs and seem to have better performance overall
no beebing indeed from hwinfno
Never heard of code 4 out of that but out off resources i can Imagen that that would cause it.
Thanks again still appreciated ::)
Take care , and long live the nobeeb's !

Back