Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2400MHz

Davidinlv82

Do these ram not have temperature readings? I upgraded my old ram which was PNY 1866 DDR3 and it did but the corsair doesn't show temp readings at all and they are being actively cooled but still want to monitor the temps

Check the manufacturer's specification if they feature an on-die temperature sensor (TSOD).
If you believe they do and HWiNFO doesn't report it, then please attach the Debug File and I'll check it.

How do I check that? Doesn't say anything anywhere where I have read about it, didn't with the PNY memory I had either

Davidinlv82

Corsair does not indicate the presence of TSOD, then the sensor is not likely in this series of specifications. Look at what is stated in the SPD of your modules in the section Thermal Parameters using Thaiphoon Burner (http://www.softnology.biz/index.html) Freeware version, the program will decode the recording in the SPD and accurately show all the features of the RAM modules. If you see lines Module Thermal Sensor  if value for this string is Not Incorporated and value for string On-die Thermal Sensor Readout is Not supported then your DIMM don't have TSOD. I stand Kingston HyperX Genesis KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX who just don't have TSOD, but they are working correctly, and that the most important thing. :)

See my Thaiphoon Burner report as samples:

Attachments

• Kingston 9905403-437.A01LF.html
    18 KB · Views: 4
HWiNFO does also show the "Module Thermal Sensor" (TSOD) flag in SPD, but this flag is not always reliable and sometimes can provide erratic indication.

Well it does show there is no temp sensor on the pcb which is sad, would be nice if there was. But a lot of the other information from that program seemed to be hit and miss, the one that sticks out like a sore thumb is the memory clock frequency which shows 939.2MHz currently on HWiNFO64 but only 667MHz on that program

Davidinlv82

These modules are assembled on the basis of overclocked chips as indicated by their voltage 1,65V - on JDEC DDR3 uses standard voltage 1,5V (1,35V for DDR3L) when using memory chips at a nominal frequency, and if nominal voltage higher than these modules value, the chip module to work in a factory overclocking. In addition JDEC DDR3 specifications include nominal number recorded in the SPD modules frequencies 533, 667 and 800 MHz, which corresponds to the specifications DDR3-1066, DDR3-1333, DDR3-1600, and a high-frequency modules use XMP profiles that must be correctly interpreted by the RAM controller in the chipset or the CPU chip and firmware code system board computers. If the memory controller or (and) firmware and can not decipher the entries in the XMP, the operating modes of the module are set by SPD or manually.

Also, the presence of radiators on the memory modules immediately spoke about the use of emergency modes of chips exceeds a predetermined TTC in their nominal value, but not exceeding the allowable safe limits for them. This is a common industry practice, and provided that the stabilizer of RAM the motherboard power supply produces the desired voltage at high load current consumption, and the memory controller can work with smaller time intervals is nothing terrible in it is not present, and the use of factory overclocking memory modules does not cause deterioration of the computer settings.

Back