CPU Temp Not Updating/Frozen

MandM635

I am running HWINFO64 v7.68 on my laptop to display some taskbar performance icons including CPU temps. The CPU temp value no longer changes, but everything else works like normal. It gets the initial value from when it starts and never polls again. In the sensors window, I can see no CPU values are updating. The values do change when I relaunch HWINFO, just no updates. This definitely used to work, I am not sure how long it has been stuck. Around a week ago I did some updates (chipsets, MSI programs, etc) that may have started this.

I have used Process Hacker to check for "Access_ISABUS.HTP.Method" processes. There initially was an MSI process but killing that and stopping it from auto running and restarting did not work.

Last edited:
Which exact CPU temperature are you referring to? There are several instances reported.

I am monitoring CPU Package, but all CPU DTS values are frozen as well.

One more thing to note, when I updated to 7.68, I remember that my CPU taskbar monitor went away but the others stayed. I re-added it but I may not have noticed if it was stuck then.

Actually I am seeing that CPU Package under the Enhanced section is working as normal. I am thinking I grabbed the DTS one when it lost it before. I will move back to this one, though it still seems like DTS should be reading properly.

Have you maybe disabled monitoring of some sensors?
Try to upgrade to the latest Beta version v7.69

Wow I'm sorry, I just figured it out. I had the main CPU section disabled and it seems DTS averages from there. Thank you for helping, and so quickly!

Back