cpu voltage offset gone

Mind2278

Hello,

I got the ROG Strix SCAR 18 since a week now and I could read cpu voltage offset without any problems, but today Asus released an new BIOS version and after installing the new BIOS hwinfo cannot read the entire CPU voltage offset.

Any idea what's going on with hwinfo? bug report added.

Thank you!

edit screenshot added

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    21 bytes · Views: 5
  • 13980hx.png
    13980hx.png
    27 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'm sorry but the attached Debug File is not valid. It was overwritten when you launched HWiNFO again (probably just to disable Debug Mode).
Please create a new Debug File and attach it before you run HWiNFO again.

I'm sorry but the attached Debug File is not valid. It was overwritten when you launched HWiNFO again (probably just to disable Debug Mode).
Please create a new Debug File and attach it before you run HWiNFO again.

Sorry for that, i've added (i hope) now the correct debug file.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    129.6 KB · Views: 1
This is due to HVCI (Core isolation / Memory integrity setting in Windows). When enabled, it blocks access to interfaces used to also read the voltage offsets.

That is weird as before the BIOS update i didnt had this problem and I haven't touched those settings at all.

Little update, i've tried to turn off the HVCI (Core isolation / Memory integrity setting) and that didn't change anything in hwinfo, same result.

Maybe Hyper-V is still active and blocking it...

Oke so, after disabling that aswell it seems to work. But what I don't understand is, that i've never change nor disabling those settings before and undervolt were showing perfectly fine until I updated the bios.

Maybe those settings were not active before due to lack of some security features/settings in the BIOS which became enabled after the BIOS update.

Back