CPU voltage offsets not shown correctly

Robalo

Hello.
I've changed P-core, E-core and Ring voltage offsets using MSI Advanced BIOS on MSI GP66 laptop with i7-12700H CPU. HWiNFO64 shows all the values as "0".
All the settings like Core Isolation, Hyper-V, virtualization platform functions are turned off also like VT-d and other virtualization options in BIOS.
Attaching debug file.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
HWiNFO displays the CPU-internal V/F offsets only. If you have modified the offsets on mainboard voltage regulators, this won't be reflected.

Last edited:
Thank You for answer Martin, but I am not sure it's true reason in this case. I've changed exactly same settings as GizmoSlipTech (look at this moment of video), and then we can easily see that HWInfo shows proper values of undervolt settings. This is exacly same thing I did.

Last edited:
Hmm, according to the data you provided all offsets on the V/F curve really report 0.
Have you saved the settings in BIOS?

Hmm, according to the data you provided all offsets on the V/F curve really report 0.
Have you saved the settings in BIOS?
I've double checked it and I can confirm when entering BIOS, I see that undervolt values I have set seems to be saved properly. But is it really working? I don't know and that's why I wanted to use HWiNFO :)
Is there any way to check if my undervolt is working properly?

You should see a difference in other parameters when comparing default and undervolted settings.

You should see a difference in other parameters when comparing default and undervolted settings.
It seems that starting with 12th gen, Intel has locked undervolting, only the HX CPU models allow undervolting now.
But if that's true, ten why these options are still there in BIOS? Things gets more and more complicated nowadays...

Back