Crazy temps

scoobytim

Hi all
Srry if this has already been covered but i am getting some crazy max temp results from a new build, this problem happens even if i am just browsing web/youtube etc but the examples i have included happened after a few hours on Skyrim. As you can see i had HWINFO64 and CPUID running at the same time to compare results. If someone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated. Im hoping they are false readings as the pc can run all day without any issues. Thanx in advance.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/scoobytim129/Capture2.png

System specs:
Gigabyte GA 970a UD3
AMD FX 4170
Geforce GTX 660 Ti
8GB Corsair Vengence
Coolermaster TX3 Evo CPU cooler
XFX 550w PSU
And a well cooled case.

Please try to run HWiNFO without any other monitoring tool in parallel to exclude a possible conflict. Let me know if that works different.

Hi
Yeah I had done that a few days before I ran them in tandem and had a result of 172 degrees c just browsing thats why I tried CPUID. The temps just seem to be totally random and just appear out of nowhere but other than the northbridge heatsink being hot (which I understand is normal) I have seen no physical damage on the board or any weird behaviour from pc even when its been on for a few hours. Hope this info helps.

I believe those are just invalid readouts of the sensors, so there must be something weird happening on the board.
Have you noticed CPUID HW Monitor's fan min/max values? I think TMPIN2 max value is also a bit off there. So I think that CPUID HW Monitor is affected by a similar issue too.
Please attache the HWiNFO Debug File, maybe I can see something more there...

Martin said:
I believe those are just invalid readouts of the sensors, so there must be something weird happening on the board.
Have you noticed CPUID HW Monitor's fan min/max values? I think TMPIN2 max value is also a bit off there. So I think that CPUID HW Monitor is affected by a similar issue too.
Please attache the HWiNFO Debug File, maybe I can see something more there...

Srry im new to all this, how do I get a debug file?

Martin said:
I don't see the file attached.

Ive got DBG file but it wont attach i will try again srry.
Ok ive chosen file and added attachment but doesn't appear to be working?

scoobytim said:
Martin said:

Srry about this but ive tried to upload the attachment and it won't do it, am i being thick or something?

scoobytim said:
Martin said:

scoobytim said:
Martin said:

Srry about this but ive tried to upload the attachment and it won't do it, am i being thick or something?

ok try this

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    46.9 KB · Views: 3
Thanks. I see a "sensorsview" device on your machine. Do you know what is that? Might this be something conflicting with other sensor monitoring tools?

Martin said:
Thanks. I see a "sensorsview" device on your machine. Do you know what is that? Might this be something conflicting with other sensor monitoring tools?
ah could that be Easytune6?

scoobytim said:
Martin said:

there's also SensorView Pro but thats not running.

scoobytim said:
Martin said:

scoobytim said:
Martin said:

there's also SensorView Pro but thats not running.

Also had the problem before SensorsView was installed.

Martin said:
OK. Please try this build and let me know if anything has changed:
www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_417_1919.zip
And anyway - I suggest to run without any other monitoring tools in parallel. Otherwise if some of them don't play fair, it might cause such issues too.

Ok i will try that, i have uninstalled SensorsView and will let you know results.
Thx

scoobytim said:
Martin said:
And anyway - I suggest to run without any other monitoring tools in parallel. Otherwise if some of them don't play fair, it might cause such issues too.

Ok i will try that, i have uninstalled SensorsView and will let you know results.
Thx
Ok temps at the moment seem stable, i have included a .DBG file for you to see if anything showed up.

scoobytim said:
Martin said:

Thx

scoobytim said:
Martin said:

Thx
Ok temps at the moment seem stable, i have included a .DBG file for you to see if anything showed up.

Thx very much for your help so far, i will give that build a long test tomorrow and get back to you with the results, thx again for your help.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    31.2 KB · Views: 1
Martin said:
Thanks for the feedback. Just let me know if you encounter any issues...

Ok heads up for today is that everything seems fine. I have linked some images
1) After being on an hour browsing and downloading: http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/scoobytim129/Capture3.png

2) After being on 5 hrs with some heavy gaming etc: http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/scoobytim129/Capture6.png

I will continue monitoring this latest build over next few days and let you know if i get anymore wild temps. Again thx for your help much appreciated.

Back