Custom user sensors in HWiNFO

What is the full formula you're using? You should fist sum all clocks and then divide the result by the number of items.

That should be OK if the names match exactly and there's no other sensor named such.
Try first with something simple like "Core 0" only to see what it shows and if that matches the sensor you're trying to use.

That should be OK if the names match exactly and there's no other sensor named such.
Try first with something simple like "Core 0" only to see what it shows and if that matches the sensor you're trying to use.

Hi,

Just tried with only core 0 and it works, with no issue it's monitoring the right core. However the incorrect average is showing up with the formula I shared with you before. Could it be a bug with the 7950x3d cpu?

I don't think so. Add the other items to formula and see where it goes wrong.

I don't think so. Add the other items to formula and see where it goes wrong.

Something is wrong. I even just added one more and the average is low again.

Forumula: "Core 0" + "Core 1" / 2

Average on Hwinfo : current 1800 mhz - max 2525.0???

Feel like it's doing some other calculation lol

Those two cores are actually outputting - 3600mhz each right now, and are averaging 4.0 ghz according to hardware info.

Figured it out. I had renamed the cores. Originally, they were called "Core 0 perf #10/3". Maybe it was ignoring hyperthreading?

Just want to share some nice custom sensor I've created :)

1682177708709.png

P-Core
"P-core 0 T0 Utility"+"P-core 0 T1 Utility"+"P-core 1 T0 Utility"+"P-core 1 T1 Utility"+"P-core 2 T0 Utility"+"P-core 2 T1 Utility"+"P-core 3 T0 Utility"+"P-core 3 T1 Utility"+"P-core 4 T0 Utility"+"P-core 4 T1 Utility"+"P-core 5 T0 Utility"+"P-core 5 T1 Utility"+"P-core 6 T0 Utility"+"P-core 6 T1 Utility"+"P-core 7 T0 Utility"+"P-core 7 T1 Utility"
E-Core
"E-core 8 T0 Utility"+"E-core 9 T0 Utility"+"E-core 10 T0 Utility"+"E-core 11 T0 Utility"+"E-core 12 T0 Utility"+"E-core 13 T0 Utility"+"E-core 14 T0 Utility"+"E-core 15 T0 Utility"
Sum
"P-Core"+"E-Core"
P-Core Ratio
"P-Core"/"Ratio"*100
E-Core Ratio
"E-Core"/"Ratio"*100

am i doing something wrong?
when i try to make a custom sensor HWinfo wont start anymore.

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\CustomDevice1\Usage0]
"Name"="Core0"
"Value"="max(\"Core 0 T0 Auslastung\", \"Core 0 T1 Auslastung\")"
I don't see anything wrong with that.

am i doing something wrong?
when i try to make a custom sensor HWinfo wont start anymore.

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\CustomDevice1\Usage0]
"Name"="Core0"
"Value"="max(\"Core 0 T0 Auslastung\", \"Core 0 T1 Auslastung\")"
I don't see anything wrong with that.

No problem here either. Try to first completely Reset Preferences in HWiNFO and then apply those registry entries.

No problem here either. Try to first completely Reset Preferences in HWiNFO and then apply those registry entries.
Found the issue. its a annoying bug tho. HWinfo wont start for me if Shared Memory Support is turned on and i have a Custom Sensor setup. Using version 7.44-5100. Kinda need Shared Memory support tho :V.

EDIT: issue doesnt seem to be on your side. The 3rd Party Software InfoPanel is doing that. If a custom sensor is used, HWinfo crashes if InfoPanel is used.

1695685280614.png

Hi Martin, I would like to get the the sensor name from HWInfo or some way, I think this custom way might help.

I'm trying to show the current device name that I'm showing the stats, I dont know if via Drive or SMART, but no idea what to do.
1695685775159.png

My Wish:
1695685412399.png

Instead of showing M2 Slot #1, show ADATA SX600LNP (but from the provider, without fixed text)

Attachments

• 1695685683832.png
    1695685683832.png
    22 KB · Views: 3
The sensor name is exported by HWiNFO along all other data via shared memory. I see you're using RTSS which is consuming that data, so this question should be asked in the RTSS forum.

UPDATE:
Since HWiNFO version 7.65, the following path is also supported: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom
but all custom sensors must reside either in HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Hello. I'm new here in the forum, but a long time HWiNFO user. I was trying to add a custom sensor inside the already existing "Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8125 Gaming 2.5GbE Family Ethernet Controller" category, but even with the same name, it went into a separate category. Is it possible to merge sensors with the same name into the same category?

I was also trying to add a customized description to the sensor, but I don't know if that's possible.

I'd like to have this sensor display the value in Mbps so I need to add a conversion, but I'm not sure about what "KB/s" from "Current DL rate" + "Current UP rate" represents in HWiNFO context. I understand that the capital 'B' is Byte, and a lower case 'b' is bit. But what about 'K'? Is it the SI decimal definition 'Kilo' (1 KB/s = 1000 Bytes per second), or the computer binary definition 'Kibi' (1 KiB/s = 1024 Bytes per second) which is also referred as 'Kilo' historically (hence 'KB/s', though it should be 'kB/s')?

Thanks for creating such an invaluable tool. Sorry for being a nuisance with these questions.
HWiNFO custom sensor.png

The custom sensor will always appear under a different category, it's not possible to add a value into one of the existing sensors.
If you're just looking to change the units+adjust value, this can be done without creating a new sensor - go into Sensor Settings - Customize.

Hi all,

I am really struggeling with the custom sensors feature. But first of all the feature is awesome. Exactly what I have looked for. It is probably just me doing something wrong :-(

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\Gaming Sensors]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\Gaming Sensors\Temp1]
"Name"="GPU Main temp"
"Value"="\"GPU Temperature\""
"Unit"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\Gaming Sensors\Temp2]
"Name"="GPU hotspot temp"
"Value"="\"GPU Hot Spot Temperature\""
"Unit"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\Gaming Sensors\Temp3]
"Name"="GPU junction temp"
"Value"="\"GPU Memory Junction Temperature\""
"Unit"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\Gaming Sensors\Fan4]
"Name"="GPU Fan"
"Value"="\"GPU Fan1\""
"Unit"=""

The interessting thing is that I get a sensor GPU hotspot temp and two times the sensor GPU junction temp :-(

1704841339066.png

What am I doing wrong?

While playing around to see whether I can figure it out myself I also found that the values are not assigned to the right sensor. See screenshot below:
1704841987917.png
The sensors with "temp" at the end are the custom ones. Something is mixed up :-(

Thanks in advance

SomeSmartGuy

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am really struggeling with the custom sensors feature. But first of all the feature is awesome. Exactly what I have looked for. It is probably just me doing something wrong :-(

Code:

"Name"="GPU Main temp"
"Unit"=""

"Unit"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\Gaming Sensors\Temp3]
"Unit"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\Gaming Sensors\Fan4]
"Name"="GPU Fan"
"Value"="\"GPU Fan1\""
"Unit"=""

The interessting thing is that I get a sensor GPU hotspot temp and two times the sensor GPU junction temp :-(

What am I doing wrong?

While playing around to see whether I can figure it out myself I also found that the values are not assigned to the right sensor. See screenshot below:

The sensors with "temp" at the end are the custom ones. Something is mixed up :-(

Thanks in advance

SomeSmartGuy
From the tuto: "The "X" represents a sequence number starting from 0, for example the first temperature value shall be named as Temp0.*

So unless you have other customs sensors, your numbering is wrong

Delete the registry lines you added previously and use this instead:

Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\Gaming Sensors\Temp0]
"Name"="GPU Main temp"
"Unit"=""

"Unit"=""

"Unit"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HWiNFO64\Sensors\Custom\Gaming Sensors\Fan0]
"Name"="GPU Fan"
"Value"="\"GPU Fan1\""
"Unit"=""

Hey Fr0stX76,

thanks for your response, really appretiate that someone answered so fast on my question!

About your answer: That is how I initially created the entries. As it did not work as expected I was not sure whether it is a global counter among all sensor types (Fan4) or whether the counting starts with 0 or 1. The "snippet" I posted was "the last version" of me trying to get it to work .-D

When using your posted version and resettting the Sensor Status layout I get the follwing:

1704878121555.png
This was by the way, the result which lead me to believe it is 1 based :-D

kind regards

SomeSmartGuy

Back