IMPORTANT Explaining the AMD Ryzen "Power Reporting Deviation" -metric in HWiNFO

What exactly this screenshot is showing? What is the wierd data?
Who's CPU is this, what CPU is this and under what load this was captured? Sure its not under/during 100% CPU load
I think their weird data is that 462,2%. But looking at the screenshot CB is not running so the system is not under full load.

Yeah, that's the point :D
I think my wording might be misleading. They said that in the article AMD stated that the deviation reporting in HWinfo is inaccurate.
Anyway I replied to them saying that AMD didn't state that in the article and that their screenshot doesn't show anything because the processor wasn't under full load. Waiting for their next reply.

I'm not aware of any such official or non-official AMD statement and I was in direct talks with them when this feature was released.

I'm not aware of any such official or non-official AMD statement and I was in direct talks with them when this feature was released.
Maybe you have a statement from AMD where they say that HWinfo is accurate? Otherwise motherboard vendors can just say that there's no confirmation from AMD that PRD is valid or accurate at all and we, the users, don't have anything to say against that.

AMD doesn't give such positive statements ;) But I'm pretty sure that if it would not be accurate or any issues with it, they would urgently request changes or updates to it.

AMD doesn't give such positive statements ;) But I'm pretty sure that if it would not be accurate or any issues with it, they would urgently request changes or updates to it.
Ok. We'll see where my support case with them ends up. I doubt that they'll do anything regarding my board's biased PRD until many people complain but we'll see.

What was your PRD during 100% load again?
Because I have Gigabyte AorusPro X570 and PRD is around 89~92% depending on the kind of workload. Usually is 91~92% which is acceptable.

What Package Power (or PPT) is reported at 100% load / 70% PRD, 110W ?
Are you running at stock settings, no OC, voltage offsets, etc?

~67/0,67 basically so 100W.
Pure stock.
I searched back for your posts and see you got a 3600X. The stock limit (without PBO enabled) of this CPU is 125W PPT. I can only assume that you’re not getting there because of the somehow high temp. 80+C is not ideal and the CPU is ”cautious” about raising clock and voltage further. The 80+C is not going to harm/damage anything. It’s not the best though for the CPU to use its potentials.

I searched back for your posts and see you got a 3600X. The stock limit (without PBO enabled) of this CPU is 125W PPT. I can only assume that you’re not getting there because of the somehow high temp. 80+C is not ideal and the CPU is ”cautious” about raising clock and voltage further. The 80+C is not going to harm/damage anything. It’s not the best though for the CPU to use its potentials.
I got 3600XT. The reason why I'm in talks with Gigabyte is the high temps due to inaccurate power reporting.

Is the 3600XT properly supported by the BIOS? I've seen similar cases in the past when the BIOS didn't properly support some models.

I got 3600XT. The reason why I'm in talks with Gigabyte is the high temps due to inaccurate power reporting.
But the power consumption of 100W (67/0.67) is below the stock limit of 125W that the 3600XT has. 3600X and 3600XT have the same PPT/EDC/TDC limits.

And there is the possibility of what @Martin said. If the CPU isn’t fully supported all readings could be inaccurate.

I assume that CPU cooler and case ventilation is adequate.

But the power consumption of 100W (67/0.67) is below the stock limit of 125W that the 3600XT has. 3600X and 3600XT have the same PPT/EDC/TDC limits.

And there is the possibility of what @Martin said. If the CPU isn’t fully supported all readings could be inaccurate.

I assume that CPU cooler and case ventilation is adequate.
According to https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-ELITE-V2-rev-10/support#support-cpu the CPU is supported since the very first BIOS version. CM Hyper 212 cooler. It's not anything magical but still better than stock. ~35C idle temps. Full load is ~80C. With accurate power reporting full load temps would probably be lower and clocks higher.

Back