Extremely high cpu wattage

techie9700

Hello everyone I am new to using hwinfo and new to these forums. I usually use hwmonitor but I got a really strange high cpu power wattage reading so I turned to reddit who recommended hwinfo.

The cpu is an Intel i7 930 on a gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5. This was a Dell XPS Studio 9100 but the power supply and motherboard blew on it. I put in a new corsair 550w, and I found this older gigabyte board, which was functioning on a i7 980X with no problems. The board and power supply swap worked for a couple of days, then started to shut off so checked bios temperatures which were in the 40's. Then I installed the hw utilities and burnintest to stress the system, and thats when I saw the really high cpu wattage. Did the cpu also get shot when the board and power supply blew?

I attached a screenshot of the system, 109 W was on idle with just hwinfo open. it hit 515 W when I ran burnintest. Very odd because the temperatures are fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 13

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
I don't think that CPU current and power values shown are correct. Most probably some glitch in measurements.

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
It's difficult to say exactly without seeing the HWiNFO Debug File, but I assume this is retrieved via the proprietary GIGABYTE DES interface.
Try to verify with GIGABYTE ET6 (or similar vendor monitoring tool for your mainboard).