Extremely high cpu wattage

techie9700

Hello everyone I am new to using hwinfo and new to these forums. I usually use hwmonitor but I got a really strange high cpu power wattage reading so I turned to reddit who recommended hwinfo.

The cpu is an Intel i7 930 on a gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5. This was a Dell XPS Studio 9100 but the power supply and motherboard blew on it. I put in a new corsair 550w, and I found this older gigabyte board, which was functioning on a i7 980X with no problems. The board and power supply swap worked for a couple of days, then started to shut off so checked bios temperatures which were in the 40's. Then I installed the hw utilities and burnintest to stress the system, and thats when I saw the really high cpu wattage. Did the cpu also get shot when the board and power supply blew?

I attached a screenshot of the system, 109 W was on idle with just hwinfo open. it hit 515 W when I ran burnintest. Very odd because the temperatures are fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 15
I don't think that CPU current and power values shown are correct. Most probably some glitch in measurements.

It's difficult to say exactly without seeing the HWiNFO Debug File, but I assume this is retrieved via the proprietary GIGABYTE DES interface.
Try to verify with GIGABYTE ET6 (or similar vendor monitoring tool for your mainboard).

Back