False max temp reading

sLing

[attachment=1733]Is there a way ignore temps when it goes above a certain point?  I keep getting false max temp readings.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 21
No, currently there's no such way.
But the question is why such values are reported - it might be caused by a collision when using multiple hardware monitoring tools. Are you using other such tools along with HWiNFO (including ASUS AI Suite) ?

Martin said:
No, currently there's no such way.
But the question is why such values are reported - it might be caused by a collision when using multiple hardware monitoring tools. Are you using other such tools along with HWiNFO (including ASUS AI Suite) ?

I am only using HWinfo to monitor.  It only happens to the optional temp sensors connected to the motherboard.

What are the invalid values you get, are they always same (or very similar) ? Can you tell me exactly a few invalid values you have got ?

Right now I have:
T_sensor2 Max: 103.0
T_sensor2 Min: -115.0
T_sensor3 Max: 110.0
T_sensor3 Min: -115.0

What is weird is that T_sensor1(renamed as RM in screenshot) is working fine.

I'm going to try a new sensor to see if its a faulty sensor.

Thanks.
Which mainboard is that ?
Can you also try to enable sensor logging, let it run for a while to sample more invalid values and then attach the resulting log here ?

Thanks. I can see a few invalid values there like 112, -115 and I'll try to filter them out in the next build.
But are you sure those sensors work properly? You might try to check with ASUS AI Suite, but I'm not sure whether it can keep the min/max values so you can catch the invalid ones.

Back