Fan monitoring requests

yhd12138

Hi, I have a laptop ASUS TUF Gaming A15 (FA506IU), with the EC model IT8987VG. The CPU Fan speed and GPU fan speed are available in Armoury Crate.
I noticed that Intel had used IT8987VG for their NUCs. In their Technical Product Specification, Intel claims that this EC helps monitor hardware informations.
So, I made several dumps of the EC with RWEverything.
Link: https://yhdog-my.sharepoint.com/:u:...JFn6r5zCz8a0MBEhj-iny42qMA8LpNmXKnRg?e=ookdra
  • EC6662_CPU_0_GPU_0.rw is my EC dump when CPU fan speed is 0 RPM and GPU fan speed is 0 RPM in Armoury Crate.
  • EC6662_CPU_2500_GPU_2500.rw is my EC dump when CPU fan speed is 2500 RPM and GPU fan speed is 2500 RPM in Armoury Crate.
  • EC6662_CPU_5700_GPU_5700.rw is my EC dump when CPU fan speed is 5700 RPM and GPU fan speed is 5700 RPM in Armoury Crate.
Could you please add fan speed monitoring (or more functions if possible) of this laptop to HWiNFO?
Any responses will be appreciated.

屏幕截图 2022-03-09 001911.png

屏幕截图 2022-03-09 001946.png

Thanks for the dumps, this allows me to add fan speed monitoring for this model. It will be available in the next (Beta) build.

Hi, Martin, thanks to the lastest Beta (v7.21-4720), now the CPU/GPU fan speeds are available in HWiNFO.
But there seems to be an issue that the fan speed values are read only once after I click Contine when I get the EC warning (picture 1), and the values turn grey and do not refresh anymore (picture 2).
I have compared the fan speed values reported by HWiNFO to Armoury Crate and I'm sure that the fan speed values are accurate. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 屏幕截图 2022-03-11 200816.png
    屏幕截图 2022-03-11 200816.png
    40 KB · Views: 12
  • 屏幕截图 2022-03-11 200248.png
    屏幕截图 2022-03-11 200248.png
    188 KB · Views: 13
Grey values mean HWiNFO is unable to read correct values from the system. I assume this might be caused by a conflict with Armoury Crate, try to run without it.

Hi, I have force stopped the Armoury Crate UWP APP, all ASUS services and processes, but still got grey values.

Hi, Martin. I think I have found the problem.
The EC polling period was modified to a very large number by me a long time ago.
Sorry for my personal mistake.
The fan speed monitoring works well now (with the Armoury Crate running)! Thanks! ;)

Hi there, last year I bought me a new laptop ASUS Rog Strix G17 G733QS which worked fine on the beginning with HWInfo64 and showed me all fan speed data, but after I've updated to the new Bios version, it seems to be not working anymore. Which data I need to collect with RWEverithing and to provide, so you can add it to the never version of HWInfo64?

You can provide the EC dump from RWEverything but it would also be useful if you could provide the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data.

You can provide the EC dump from RWEverything but it would also be useful if you could provide the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data.
Yes this all would be if I could start this RWEverything. I can't find enys.sys driver in Windows 11 and can't find any information where I can get this driver from. Windows got new massive update which can be undone. Is there any other way to get information you need? May be with yor HWinfo save report log?

Oh, indeed, the RW-Tools driver is recently being blocked by Windows. It might require disabling Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows boot options to run.
But never mind, I think I figured out how to monitor fan speeds on the G733 series and will add this in the next Beta build.

Oh, indeed, the RW-Tools driver is recently being blocked by Windows. It might require disabling Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows boot options to run.
But never mind, I think I figured out how to monitor fan speeds on the G733 series and will add this in the next Beta build.
Oh, thats sounds very very good, thank you very much!

Last edited:
I can see CPU and GPU fans under the "ASUS NB EC..." sensor but they show 0 RPM. If that's not right and the fans are spinning, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File.

I can see CPU and GPU fans under the "ASUS NB EC..." sensor but they show 0 RPM. If that's not right and the fans are spinning, please attach the HWiNFO Debug File.
Oh, I've overseen that, sorry. They are spinning, the CPU FAN spinning on 2200 and GPU FAN is spinning on 2400 RPM. How long I must wait until Debug file is complete? Because it goes bigger and bigger?

Here is the Debug File:
HWInfo64 Debug File uploaded on Mediafire

Last edited:
Hmm, this is strange. For some reason the Embedded Controller doesn't return the data as it should.
Try to install the ASUS AI Suite if that will perhaps enable it.

Back