[FIX] GIGABYTE X79-UD3 (ITE IT8728F)

fred_gaou

Hi,

Just to help the community, I had to rename some sensors in GIGABYTE X79-UD3 (ITE IT8728F) so HWinfo displays good values for appropriate sensors.

Here they are:

Original                    New
PCH                         System
Motherboard              PCH
Vcore                         VTT
VTT                          Vcore

CPU (fan1)              (no change)
CPU (fan2)              Computer case [back]
Power (fan3)           Computer case [front up]
Fan4                       Computer case [front bottom]

QGml9H.jpg

Martin said:
Thank you. I'll fix this in the next build.

I should have share this some years ago (2014 August). :angel:

By the way, is this normal?
H7cIKJ.jpg

In the bios, I enabled the profile that allow 1600Mhz for memory frequency. It is correctly reported in bios and in windows task manager but not in HWInfo. Is it because the memory never need to go that speed?

BIOS and Task Manager report the effective memory clock for DDR, which is twice the real clock in MHz.

fred_gaou

SDRAM, DDR1 (DDR), Rambus DRAM used sync clock equivalent effective clock, but latest dynamic memory type like DDR2/DDR3/DDR4/DDR5 (GDDR5)/DDRx (GDDRx) used effective clock = multiply * sync clock.

This is not achieved at the expense of the internal frequency multiplication, and at the expense of packet data on the memory bus when one sync signal is transmitted more data packets. And this method of transmission in turn leads to an increase in the module timings. But it is a forced measure because with the appearance in the early 70's the first chip dynamic memory physical cycle time of the cell has changed little - in the first chips, it was about 80 - 90 ns, in today's about 50 - 60 ns. A solid performance is achieved at the expense of its parallelization on a number of smaller matrices and alternation of their sample inside the chip.

Back