FRAPS, RTSS, HWiNFO64

VAMET

Dear Martin

I have HWiNFO64 4.40.2240, FRAPS 3.5.99.15619 and RTSS 6.1.2.7305. I have launched Fraps before HWiNFO64 and it shows under Sensors, but it looks like with no monitoring for FRAPS under HWiNFO64. When I click Configure Sensors>OSD (RTSS) there is [FRAPS] listed, but in the column RivaTuner there is only one char "-". There is no possibility to enable "Show value in OSD".

EDIT

Even when I launch any game, there are no monitoring under HWiNFO64 for FRAPS, but FRAPS shows itself the proper FPS in OSD.

I would be glad for your support.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

So there's only a sensor entry for FRAPS in HWiNFO sensors and no value below ?
Is this the same even after running a game?
Maybe a screenshot would show it better...

Dear Martin

Martin said:
So there's only a sensor entry for FRAPS in HWiNFO sensors and no value below ?
Is this the same even after running a game?
Maybe a screenshot would show it better...

I need to run RTSS and check "Show own statistics", then run game, close game, uncheck "Show own statistics" in RTSS and run game again, voila! :) HWiNFO64 now shows FRAPS values properly.

Is there any possibility to show FRAPS decimal values after coma or dot? At the moment it shows for example 34 FPS instead more detailed 34.6 FPS.

EDIT

I have found such option under HWiNFO64 Layout tab.

Thank you very much for your great application.

Sincerely

Hmm, that's interesting. Maybe there was some conflict between FRAPS and RTSS ?
I'm sorry, but FRAPS returns FPS in integer values only.

Dear Martin

I have a problem with Crysis 3 and HWiNFO64 + FRAPS, when I launch Crysis 3, there is no OSD. When I close HWiNFO64 and launch Crysis 3 with FRAPS (without HWiNFO64) there is OSD. I don't know, why FRAPS is not working, when HWiNFO64 is launched at the same time. The same problem with Far Cry 3.

Any solution?

EDIT

I have found a solution. I need to set option in RTSS called "Custom Direct3D support" and Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 now have FPS in OSD with FRAPS and HWiNFO64.

I have got a question Martin, I know RTSS has standalone FPS counter, but when it's enabled it shows for example: 31.6 (only digits with decimal separated with dot) without label before for example "FPS : 31.6". But RTSS has something like setting exact location of those "31.6" FPS counts, so I can set exact location, when it may show in OSD by entering horizontal and vertical pixel position. Now when HWiNFO64 would have an option to add custom label, let say: "FPS : " and setting a location for this label like in OSD (RTSS) tab in Position (Line/Column), I may combine those two options and set a label in HWiNFO64 before exact location of FPS count, which I set in RTSS. Is it possible to add in HWiNFO64 custom label with configuration of Position with Line/Column and display it in OSD?

Sincerely

HWiNFO currently doesn't pull information like FPS from RTSS, instead it pushes its own sensor data into RTSS to be displayed on OSD.
But this feature is on my list. I just thought it wouldn't be much useful, since RTSS can display the FPS on its own.

Dear Martin

Martin said:
HWiNFO currently doesn't pull information like FPS from RTSS, instead it pushes its own sensor data into RTSS to be displayed on OSD.
But this feature is on my list. I just thought it wouldn't be much useful, since RTSS can display the FPS on its own.

It would be great feature in HWiNFO64, because FPS information from RTSS is much better then from FRAPS. It also has decimal places, which FRAPS doesn't. There is also no need to be launched two applications: FRAPS and RTSS, when you will pull information from RTSS, only one application, which is better.

Is there any possibility to add something like sensor, but not a sensor to show current system time is OSD with the option to configure position of it in OSD?

When are you going to release such version with FPS from RTSS? It's very desire release for me with the abbility to add label and FPS information from RTSS.

Sincerely

Dear Martin

Martin said:
Please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_441_2245.zip
and let me know ;)

1. Excellent, your support is the greatest of all I have met :) It's working very well, no problem at all and label is an option too.
2. Any chance to have current system time (24h mode) in OSD too with the option to choose a position in OSD like other sensors? I often play very late at night and it's a great option to see current time when playing.
3. Position is not working very well in OSD for 2 sensors, where they are visible at the same line, for example when I click GPU Temperature and GPU Utilization in the same line and other column (first and second) with both labels enabled, I have got something like this in OSD:

GPU Temperature , GPU Utilization : 44.0'C: 93.1%

It would be great to have something like this, where sensors are separated by char "," not ":"

GPU Temperature : 44.0'C, GPU Utilization : 93.1%

And when I change label for both to GPU and disable label for GPU Utilization, I would like to have something like this:

GPU : 44.0'C, 93.1%

It's more readable then actual version of presenting sensors in the same line. Any chance to fix this?

Sincerely

I'm sorry, but currently I have no plans to include system time in sensors. I just think such an entry doesn't belong there.
You should be able to achieve "GPU : 44.0'C, 93.1%" using the available settings.

Dear Martin

Martin said:
You should be able to achieve "GPU : 44.0'C, 93.1%" using the available settings.

Only:
GPU_:_44.0_'C:___93.1_% ("_" means 1 space. Why ":" instead of "," and more then 1 space between sensors?) :)

Any chance for something like this: ("_" means 1 space)

<Label_Sensor_1>_:_44.0_'C,_93.1_%
or even better:
GPU_:_44.0_'C_93.1_% (without any separator between sensors, only 1 space)

Sincerely

Try to setup those values in HWiNFO to the same column. They will be automatically adjusted and separated by a comma.
The 1st space (GPU_) is probably due to a space in the sensor name. The rest of spaces is intentional and I don't have plans to remove them. One additional space before the % value is because of alignment - if you setup more such values on subsequent lines this aligns them for 3 digits.

Dear Martin

In Layout tab, when I disable Fixed Order, there is no longer RTSS FPS visible in OSD. When I click to enable Fixed Order again, it shows up with no problem. I would like to change order of Temperature and Utilization, so I need to have Fixed Order disabled. May you add FPS for RTSS for Fixed Order disabled too?

Sincerely

Back