Gadget sensors frozen after shutdown.

Beto-(S13)

Hi I just wanted to say great work! All of you guys that have been involved with HWinfo, it's a great program. I've only been recently having issues with the gadget, it worked fine until today when I turned on my computer. The sensors in the gadget have been stuck and not displaying real time data. HWinfo sensors work fine and in real time but just not the gadget. I uninstalled both and still no response from the gadget. HWinfo64.exe shows up in task manager. I enable new data from other sensors into the gadget but they still won't display real time data. I rendered a few projects from 3Dsmax to see if it was just me but I know for a fact my CPU's usage is not at 1% when it renders. Any help would be greatly appreciated, apart from this little issue the gadget has been great!

BTW I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Is HWiNFOMonitor.exe listed in the task manager's process list when the gadget is open? If not, can you run it from here and see if the gadget shows values now? C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFO.

The gadget is supposed to launch this by itself when it opens. Are there any changes that would be preventing this? Is the gadget still using instance #0 in the settings? You can always add a shortcut to your startup folder as a work-around for now.

stangowner said:
Is HWiNFOMonitor.exe listed in the task manager's process list when the gadget is open? If not, can you run it from here and see if the gadget shows values now? C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFO.

The gadget is supposed to launch this by itself when it opens. Are there any changes that would be preventing this? Is the gadget still using instance #0 in the settings? You can always add a shortcut to your startup folder as a work-around for now.

Thanks opening it from Appdata did the trick... it's now working flawlessly. Sorry for the dumb question but where can I see if the gadget is using instance #0 in the settings?

*****Nevermind I found it. Yeah the Gadget is using instance #0 in the settings and refresh interval is 1 second(s). Thanks for the super quick response!

I've had the exact same issue and adding it to the startup folder solved it aswell. Is this caused by the gadget loading before HWiNFO?

No, its caused the the gadget no longer being able to launch that application by itself when it opens.  It is independent of HWiNFO.  Something on your system is likely preventing the script from running that action.  Perhaps a Windows or Anti-Virus update?

Back