Gigabyte 570S Aorus Pro AX Fan Missing and Names Wrong

Pike

I noticed HWiNFO64 is missing a fan for my Gigabyte 570S Aorus Pro AX and the fan names don't match their actual functions. To test this I set specific RPMs in BIOS so I could compare with HWiNFO64, screenshots of the experiment are attached but the results are as follows:

BIOS NameHWiNFO64 Name
CPU_FANChassis
CPU_OPTFan5
SYS_FAN1CPU
SYS_FAN2Power
SYS_FAN3Fan4
SYS_FAN4(Not shown)

Thanks for the software.

p.s. I checked Argus Monitor, it correctly reports all six fans. So the motherboard must be reporting the speed of SYS_FAN4 somewhere.

Edit: After filing this I notice that HWiNFO64 has multiple sections for this motherboard and it looks like five of the fans are shown in a section called "GIGABYTE X570S AORUS PRO AX (ITE IT8689E)" and the missing fan (SYS_FAN4) is shown in a section called "GIGABYTE X570S AORUS PRO AX (ITE IT87952E)" under the name "Power" so perhaps it's working as expected (other than the names)?

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.png
    HWiNFO64.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 7
  • BIOS.jpg
    BIOS.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 6
  • PC.HTM
    422.4 KB · Views: 3
  • HWiNFO64.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Please download the latest Beta version of HWiNFO (v7.07-4525), that should fix this issue.

Pike

Please download the latest Beta version of HWiNFO (v7.07-4525), that should fix this issue.
Hi Martin,

Looks like that solves the naming, thanks. Only comment is that system fan 3 is labelled "System 3/PCH" but the X570S does not have a PCH fan. Obviously not a big deal if that's just a shared name with other similar boards.

Thanks again.

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Yes, that fan name is shared with some similar models that use this location for the PCH fan instead of SYS_FAN3.