Gigabyte 570S Aorus Pro AX Fan Missing and Names Wrong

Pike

I noticed HWiNFO64 is missing a fan for my Gigabyte 570S Aorus Pro AX and the fan names don't match their actual functions. To test this I set specific RPMs in BIOS so I could compare with HWiNFO64, screenshots of the experiment are attached but the results are as follows:

BIOS NameHWiNFO64 Name
CPU_FANChassis
CPU_OPTFan5
SYS_FAN1CPU
SYS_FAN2Power
SYS_FAN3Fan4
SYS_FAN4(Not shown)

Thanks for the software.

p.s. I checked Argus Monitor, it correctly reports all six fans. So the motherboard must be reporting the speed of SYS_FAN4 somewhere.

Edit: After filing this I notice that HWiNFO64 has multiple sections for this motherboard and it looks like five of the fans are shown in a section called "GIGABYTE X570S AORUS PRO AX (ITE IT8689E)" and the missing fan (SYS_FAN4) is shown in a section called "GIGABYTE X570S AORUS PRO AX (ITE IT87952E)" under the name "Power" so perhaps it's working as expected (other than the names)?

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.png
    HWiNFO64.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 9
  • BIOS.jpg
    BIOS.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 8
  • PC.HTM
    422.4 KB · Views: 4
  • HWiNFO64.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Please download the latest Beta version of HWiNFO (v7.07-4525), that should fix this issue.

Please download the latest Beta version of HWiNFO (v7.07-4525), that should fix this issue.
Hi Martin,

Looks like that solves the naming, thanks. Only comment is that system fan 3 is labelled "System 3/PCH" but the X570S does not have a PCH fan. Obviously not a big deal if that's just a shared name with other similar boards.

Thanks again.

Yes, that fan name is shared with some similar models that use this location for the PCH fan instead of SYS_FAN3.

Back