GPU Voltage Drops (Mainly Under Load) Help

Dave1001

I have an rtx 3070 and whenever running Heaven Benchmark, or playing a game, the voltage readings on both HWInfo and GPU-Z will drop. on Heaven Benchmark, almost all of them drop below 12v, but when I play games, it's mainly the PCIe +12v reading that drops to 11.9v

this sometimes happens when idle, the +12v PCIe voltage can drop to 11.9, fairly uncommonly it can go to 11.8v in games too, but here are some screenshots of the voltages:

these are the voltages during a Heaven Benchmark test:
image.png

these are the voltages during idle (right after closing Heaven Benchmark)
image.png

the +12v PSU reading in the motherboard section also drops to 11.7 during Heaven Benchmark; during games and idle it's pretty much always 11.8 or 11.9; I've heard GPU voltages drop under load, and considering HB puts more stress under the GPU, is this normal?

Voltage drops are quite normal under load but it depends how much. 11.7 V might be too much and indicate the PSU is not sufficient.

Voltage drops are quite normal under load but it depends how much. 11.7 V might be too much and indicate the PSU is not sufficient.
after posting this, it seems safe to say that when the GPU Core Voltage rises, that's when the PCIe voltage lowers. the PSU is a Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W, I've had it for about 2 months now, it pretty much always runs at 11.88 or 11.98, only when I stressed with Heaven Benchmark did it go to 11.7, it doesn't really do that elsewhere in normal use

went to run another benchmark and double check to ask if this was okay, and I was in the Heaven Benchmark settings. after turning Vsync on, my voltage on the +12v were the normal 11.8-11.9v, and the PCIe was a solid 12v

could this be why the voltages were dropping lower than normal? I essentially had uncapped frames during the stress test?

Back