GPU VRM Power

qhfreddy

I found that the new versions supported GPU VRM temperature, current, and voltage monitoring. I think it would be nice if there was a power figure included, if it is not possible to retrieve it in any other way it should be calculated based on the real time voltage and current values.

This depends on the GPU sensor present. Which one does your GPU have? Please post a screenshot of that sensor in HWiNFO sensor window.

GPU is a GTX 670m 3GB

The sensor is noted in the screenshot:

[attachment=625]

I noticed that the VRM 2 monitor is possibly not working, it never notes anything other than 47C.

Attachments

• VRM.PNG
    VRM.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 18
It's very unusual that a mobile GPU would contain such a sensor, though not impossible.
Could you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File including sensor data for further analysis?

OK, I'll will implement reporting of power based on current and voltage values, though I'm not sure how accurate the current monitoring is, since it seems to provide integer values only.
Temperatures measured from these controllers are known to be stuck on some systems and there probably is no workaround for this.

Martin said:
OK, I'll will implement reporting of power based on current and voltage values, though I'm not sure how accurate the current monitoring is, since it seems to provide integer values only.
Temperatures measured from these controllers are know to be stuck on some systems and there probably is no workaround for this.

Ok, hope to see this in an update soon!

Back