Guidance needed: What is the optimum startup sequence between HWINFO, RTSS and Afterburner?

Olias

I am trying to figure out the best sequence for starting up HWINFO and RTSS on my computer. Sometimes RTSS starts up before HWINFO and sometimes after, and I'm not sure how to make sure that HWINFO picks up framerate data from RTSS. I've considered using Windows startup delays to schedule the programs to start in a specific sequence, but I'm not sure what delay time to use. Should I start HWINFO first and then RTSS, or the other way around? I've already managed to separate the launch of Afterburner from RTSS, so that's not as much of a concern but if it is a factor, please mention it.

It's recommended to run HWiNFO after RTSS. Probably the only way is to use startup delays, not sure if Task Scheduler supports dependency on other tasks.

[...] not sure if Task Scheduler supports dependency on other tasks.
Indirectly it does. Tasks can be set to run when an event occurs, which can also be the execution of another task. The thing is that the execution of scheduled tasks is not logged by default; this log can be enabled in Windows Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/TaskScheduler/Operational, either by right-clicking on it or enabling the checkbbox in its properties.

IMO it's easier to set a different delay for each task, e.g. 10 seconds for the first task, 20 for the second task and so on. It might also work with 5 seconds apart, but it probably depends on system performance.

Regards
Dalai

Back