Hard drive info

smk12345

I downloaded this tool to find out what I should be shopping for in a new hard drive.
When I ran the tool I got these results for the drive and I'm wondering what the 2 yellow
warning flags near the bottom of this list mean.
I was really just trying to find out if i should be buying a SATA 1,2, or 3 drive.
I'm finding that my PC, which is an older HP small form factor machine, keeps freezing and at times
not working at all unless I reboot. I'm often 'waiting on cache' for pages to open in Chrome and I can clear my chrome cache as well as my network cache thru the console without any lasting improvement.
The task manager constantly shows 100% disk usage even when
I'm not running anything heavy, so I suspect that my drive is on it's last leg and was going to replace
it again. I replaced it about 2 years ago with a refurbished drive from Amazon. I'm looking at a couple
cheap Barracuda drives the same size.

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Last edited:
That means bad sectors are appearing on your drive. It tries to relocate them from spare reserve but it looks like it's not quite successful.
You should perform a backup of important data and replace the drive.

That means bad sectors are appearing on your drive. It tries to relocate them from spare reserve but it looks like it's not quite successful.
You should perform a backup of important data and replace the drive.
thankyou, i assumed that's what it was telling me but wanted clarification.

Back